PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Multiple NAPS lead to anything?
Yesterday at 10:01 am by DDog

» Pro running right on track
Yesterday at 9:26 am by youngy

» Brighton Open Gift
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 am by safrican

» Queanbeyan Gift overcomes small field and lower prizes, produces exciting final
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:32 am by Admin

» Ararat Gift
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:03 pm by GLPR

» Brighton (SAAL) HANDICAPS - 17th Dec 2017
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:28 pm by Admin

» Brian Wilson rewarded for going the extra distance (PreBay Gift review)
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:35 am by Admin

» Northcote Women’s winners handicap
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:34 pm by FortySevenThirty

» Northcote results
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:18 am by Todd Ireland

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Frank Bulluss in memory

Frank Bulluss in memory

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Frank Bulluss in memory on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:16 am

Frank passed away 13/7 after a battle with cancer,72 years old he lived an exemplary life his funeral service held hilltop church Camden nsw ''frank's choice'' i'd say closer to heaven with view's to Sydney and the area;s that he lived most of his life work and home within a ten mile radius most unusual for this modern age.
over 1000 people farewelled him to his next journey, moving service with eulogy by glen carter daughter Victoria and other's
frank competed in pro's from early 60's and a few years in Tassie after he was married back to Liverpool area until about 1985,
At beginning he trained with husky moore id suggest maybe one of the most credentialed trainers at the time runner's to include neil Blinman barry Blinman peter and Gerry Thomas, kevin portch, dudley tower ,kevin gentles ken Irvine,ian moir,gary scott,after husky retired frank stayed at yulong oval was on hand another champ was unearthed local david Irvine trained by barry wooton and Gordon aisbet along with arch brown to follow were steve sellwood paul hurney and many more to numerous to recall Barry went on with tradition of yulong training many winner's sprint's and middle distance runners once trained 1 2 3 at lavington
behind the scenes as usual frank giving his thoughts and advise never really sought any kudos for his effort.
I met up with frank about 1967 started training with yulong stable as we were both generally later than others to arrive we trained together.
on a train trip to Macksville I was shanghaied by runners and marched into barber's to get a short back and sides ,as I was ''the goer''first I new about it b rapley other stable runner won ,the next season I was unable to get to training at yulong after training myself for six months I asked him at Coonabarabran for advise ,was advised to train centennial park with Sammy martin ,shortly thereafter won Adamstown gift,the next year two years saw some improvement on a trip to Tassie with frank with his help and advise went on to wins at Latrobe and burnie I think he ran last 50 at burnie quicker than me,as he got to finish line to congratulate me.
in the background he organised a share in Calcutta and a wager with Deloraine bookie who happened to have a son running in gift,he collected about $5000for stable not bad considering gift pize about $600,
while we were in Tassie he also gave a training program and dietery advise to a runner from Tassiewho went on to win burnie and Stawell 200
following few years two other runners came to centennial park to train frank in background again both going on to win burnie.
1974 he took over training from myself graham dobie who went on that year to win Stawell 800 metre later to win a total of 37 races from 400 =1600.
same year dick mulheron 2nd 400 fronties.
Frank went on to train numerous runner's winning races qld Tassie Victoria and nsw,he gave his time to help any runner train who WANTED to compete regardless of their ability or lack thereof,sucessfully trained rugby league soccer aussie rules and hockey players,i once asked frank why he wasted time with a runner I thought was slowest person I'd ever seen 

shrugged his shoulder's said why not? player went on to be highest pointscorer in history of rugby league ,speed is not always needed.

frank went on to train hockey club Moorebank and played in veteran's himself represented Australia and scoring winning goal,club went on to win numerous titles and players going on to play in national teams.after 10 years of hockey he went and got the golf bug and played for rest of life at his new home Macquarie links with views to his boyhood village Glenfield.
whilst training and helping all of these sports it was all done with the goodness of his heart and not asking for renumeration for same,farewell Frank

survived by lifetime love Valerie,daughter's Caloline,Victoria & 5 grandchildren son in laws, 2 brothers and sister

2 Re: Frank Bulluss in memory on Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:33 pm

youngy

Admin
Admin
Good work Baz. Thanks for the informative post on the late Frank Bullus.

3 Re: Frank Bulluss in memory on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:35 am

Sorry I missed south aussie with frank's winners bay Sheffield regular attendance glen carter wins 550 metres  and places on other occasions the trip home from glens win fred turner wins 400 at Maryborough ,huge effort for vet runner ,won by to far only critisism
rehandicapped severely, frank's main love in pro's was burnie and Tassie carnivals if able to attend,with mark davis making final and paul mc caffery with his maiden start in pro's

4 Re: Frank Bulluss in memory on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:41 am

youngy

Admin
Admin
Did Frank Bullus coach Mark Davis and Paul McCafferey when they made their respective Burnie Gift finals?

I remember McCaffery at Burnie. No-one had really heard of him, certainly surprised a few. Nearly pulled off a massive upset.

5 Re: Frank Bulluss in memory on Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:21 pm

yes youngy one of frank's runners as I say attempted to win at first run pro's

may have had some minor runs as amateur not sure how frank got him I was involved with stable at time we would take turns looking after runner's.

frank had a theory of running for a handicap was counter productive so he was having a go first run we bought him in Calcutta,paul,after burnie went on to win heat Stawell, after another go at burnie,   went on to train with myself and paul hurney,
after I left Sydney to go bush paul trained with sam martin and after many many years went on to win temora after a mix up at start when gun went there were 2 runners in same lane,after restart paul went on to win much to everyone's surprise ,

with mark davis to keep runner's on straight and narrow new year eve put carter and davis in motel at burnie ,mark finished up to marry owners daughter ''so much for that strategy''mark was originally brought into running by david Irvine then changed over to frank when dave was unable to devote time to runner's

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum