PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Hawick Border Games (Scotland)

Hawick Border Games (Scotland)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Hawick Border Games (Scotland) on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:52 pm

JH

Expert
Expert
HAWICK RESULTS 10th JUNE 2013

2 Re: Hawick Border Games (Scotland) on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:07 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

Dylan and Leon Ali are set to get down on their marks for tomorrow's Hawick Games

Brothers go for Games glory

Hawick News
08/06/2013

BROTHERS Dylan and Leon Ali are set to get down on their marks for the Hawick Border Games tomorrow.

The Teri siblings will be appearing in both the 110 and 200 metre handicaps.

Eighteen-year-old Dylan, the younger of the pair, is a man in form at the moment, having recorded three excellent wins in the opening two games meetings of the season.

And the young Hawick flier is looking forward to the event.

He said: “It’s always good to run on your home track as it gives you an extra buzz.

“The season has started really well for me as I have managed to get three wins.

“If I could get a win on Sunday it would be brilliant. I’d love to win in front of my home crowd.”

Leon is making a comeback to the games circuit after a short absence, but is playing down his chances of glory.

He said: “Dylan has got me motivated again and I’ve been training hard, but I’m not expecting to win anything. It won’t be for the lack of trying though. I’m excited about running at Hawick and I’ll be doing my best.”

Dylan competes from a mark of four metres in the 110m handicap, which has a winning prize of £1,000. Leon is off 5.5m.

Other Hawick runners in the 12-heat sprint are: Drew Bryson (19.5m), Kyle Potts (9.5m), Jack Wilson (13m), Megan Shiel (19.5m), John Paxton (14.5m), David Hush (20.5m), Leigh Marshall (3m), Ryan Elliot (6.5m), David Lauder (11.5m), Gordon McPherson (13m) and Corey Wilson (8.5m).

All of the latter athletes also go in the 200m handicap.

Local athletes in the 800m handicap are: Reece Taylor (50m), Derek Scott (95m) and Francis Cannon (195m).

There is an abundance of Hawick youngsters going in the junior and youths events.

Running in the junior 90m handicap are: Amy Campbell (10.5m), Brodie Graham (4m), Connor Sutherland (14m), Ronan McKean (5m), Cian Riddell (11m), Finnan Gordon-Wooley (10m), Sophie Allen (14m), Charlie Camley (14m), Eilidh Murray (20m), Daniel Elliot (8.5m), Andrew Palmer (11m), Barrie McLean (17m), Darcy Graha, (4m), Nicole Campbell (18m), Matthew Mallin (4.5m), Logan Gordon-Wooley (9m), Phillipa Robertson (16.5m), Joseph Chipakupaku (5.5m), Kyle Brunton (10m), Calum Renwick (16.5m), Lewis Elliot (14.5m), Matthew Bell (16m), Abigail Potts (10m), Alyssa Jack (14m) and Fraser Clyne (12m).

A full programme of other youths and senior races completes a bumper Volunteer Park bill, which kicks off at 1pm.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

3 Re: Hawick Border Games (Scotland) on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:26 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.selkirkweekendadvertiser.co.uk/sport/other-sports/grand-run-from-lawrie-at-hawick-games-1-2963768

Grand run from Lawrie at Hawick Games

Selkirk Weekend Advertiser
12/06/2013

THE sun was out for Hawick Border Games on Sunday and shining along with it was Edinburgh athlete Lawrie McCombie.

The man from the capital gave a capital show by taking pride of place in the main event at the Volunteer Park – the 110m handicap, which had a winner’s prize of £1,000.

A beaten finalist in the Earlston Games 90m handicap the previous week, 25-year-old McCombie began his day to remember by surging to a heat win in 11.94 seconds from a mark of 13m.

Coached by Graeme Armstrong, McCombie then did it all again in his cross-tie when breaking the tape in an improved time of 11.75 seconds.

This win earned him a final spot, along with Hawick foursome Dylan Ali (4m), David Rae (5.5m), Leigh Marshall (3m) and David Lauder (11.5m) plus Tommy Finkle of TLJT (12m).

Bidding for his first sprint win on the Border Games circuit, McCombie got off to an excellent start and, in a thrilling run, duly blitzed his way to victory.

Ali finished second and Lauder third. Once again the watch recorded a winning time of 11.75 seconds.

McCombie told The Southern: “I didn’t expect to do as well as I did. In fact, I was just thrilled to have reached the final.

“I didn’t see myself winning it as I train along with David Lauder in Edinburgh and thought he would have the better of me.

“I had nothing to lose, so just went out and did my best, and I managed to win, which was a bit of a surprise for me.

“I feel very privileged to have won the Hawick sprint as it is a big event.”

Selkirk’s Alistair Laurie (400m) showed the field a clean pair of heels to gain the honours in the 1,600m handicap.

Laurie started and finished the race at the front with Chris Black of Kelso (90m) and Dean Whiteford of Innetleithen (155m) gaining the other placings.

In the other distance race on the Hawick programme, Grant Kennedy of Glasgow (105m) emerged a clear winner.

Competing from a mark of 77m, 79-year-old Matt McMahon of Penton won the 200m handicap.

Even more remarkable is the fact that the evergreen McMahon gained victory in the final in 20.87 seconds.

Victor of the Hawick Games 110m handicap 12 months ago, Craig Grieve of TLJT tasted sprint victory once more when coming out the victor in the 100m invitation sprint.

Following his recent double triumph at Earlston Games, Chirnside’s Rory Williams (140m) got into the winning frame again when pulling out the stops to win the junior/youths 800m handicap in style.

Defending the title he won a year back, 16-year-old Ryan Elliot of Hawick produced some powerhouse running to take the under-17 100m championship.

Ryan’s younger brother Daniel also shone, giving a five-star show in the youths’ 90mhandicap. Fourteen-year-old Daniel (8.5m) won his heat before sailing to victory in the final.

In-form Phillipa Robertson (31m) chalked up her third win of the term. After having triumphed in her heat in the youths’ 200m handicap, the Hawick High School pupil soared home in the final.

Nine-year-old Jake Houten of Cardrona (26m) gave an excellent account of himself in the junior 200m handicap. Matt Dougal of TLJT (55m) ran a great race from the gun to win the junior/youths 400m handicap in 52.44 seconds.

Brian Marshall of Haddington came out on top in the hill race – a new event on the Hawick Border Games card.

Hawick Games, Ryan Elliot (Hawick) winner of the Under 17 100m Championship.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum