PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Sally Pearson raring to go for Ostrava Golden Spike comeback

Sally Pearson raring to go for Ostrava Golden Spike comeback

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/sally-pearson-raring-to-go-for-ostrava-golden-spike-comeback/story-e6frg7mf-1226662080593

Sally Pearson raring to go for Ostrava Golden Spike comeback

Sally Pearson is looking to get back to competition later this month. Picture: Phil Hillyard. Source: News Limited

OLYMPIC and world champion Sally Pearson has earmarked the Ostrava Golden Spike meet on June 27 for her return to competition after recovering from her second hamstring tear this year.

Despite the two injury setbacks, Pearson and her coach, Sharon Hannan, remain convinced the reigning Olympic 100m hurdles champion can make a strong defence of her world title in Moscow in August.

Pearson, who sustained a 1cm tear to her left hamstring last month while running in a 4x100m relay in Sri Lanka, is back hurdling out of her starting blocks in training but she and Hannan are taking the "over-cautious" approach to competition.
In a blog on her website, Pearson confessed it was "very hard to sit by and watch the competitions go on while you are sitting on the sidelines" but she was trying to be patient.

"My hamstring is coming along nicely and should be back raring to go by the Ostrava IAAF world challenge meet (in the Czech Republic) on the 27th June," she said from her base at Brunel University, just outside London. "Dolf the physio is very happy with how I have been progressing, which gives me a lot more confidence."

Hannan said Pearson was virtually recovered and, barring setbacks, would be back for the world titles by month's end.
"I'm pretty sure we have done enough volume because we went back into that once she was injured during the domestic season Hannan said.

"Speed-wise, we're holding her back.

"I can see the speed is there. Last week she blew me away with some of the things she did.
"The speed I saw last week was what I would expect to see much closer to a major competition."

Provided she stays on course, Pearson still intends to do Diamond League meets in Lausanne (July 4), Monaco (July 19) and London (July 26) to tune up for the world titles.

Hannan said Pearson needed to be racing next month if she was to defend her world title. They can take heart from Pearson's experience in 2008, when she tore the same hamstring in February, but broke the national record twice in July on her way to her first Olympic medal, silver, in Beijing, in August that year.

But Hannan said results at the American collegiate (NCAA) titles last weekend, reinforced the need for Pearson to produce her "A game" in Moscow.

Brianna Rollins, 21, emerged as the new US threat to Pearson's reign, clocking the fastest time in the world this year, 12.39 seconds, to take the college title. Pearson ran only fractionally faster to win the Olympic title last year (12.35).

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum