PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » What does it take to class your self as a pro runner?

What does it take to class your self as a pro runner?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

prorunnerdude

What must you accomplish to able to call yourself a "pro" runner? do you have to run so fast or so far to be able to really call yourself a pro runner? anyone got any thoughts.. i know i wont really be able to say i am a pro but i want something to aim at so i can say hey im a pro..lol They where talking about something like this on the fanzak forums about what it takes to call yourself a pro.. so i was wondering if people agree or disagree with what they say on the fanzak sport forum or not? here is the link to what they where saying: http://fanzak.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=122

Last edited by prorunnerdude on Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

rob_vid

If you pay for an enter a race at a pro Meet, then you could consider yourself from that moment a pro runner.

(edited)
I guess that an amateur athlete may prefer to be excluded from this logic though?

ToM

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
These days, most sprinters in the VAL are also members of and compete for amateur clubs. Does the 'Pro' vs 'Amo' distinction really have any meaning anymore beyond the semantic?

HasBeenQuick

To call yourself a 'pro runner' you have to win. Can only be professional if you are making money right?

Matenga

I figured if you regularly run in pro meets then you would classify yourself as a 'pro' runner. If you just compete in a pro race every now and then for fun (e.g. you only race in the Bay Sheffield) then I think theres a difference.

WA runner

I would think as soon as you win prizemoney for running, you then become a Pro runner?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum