PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Anyone know of gyms in Melbourne

Anyone know of gyms in Melbourne

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Anyone know of gyms in Melbourne on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:34 am

DamnFast

Just wondering if anyone has any advice - I am looking for a gym in Melbourne - preferably in the North West - where our stable can do Olympic Lifts. Haven't been able to find many that have Olympic Weights, Bumper plates, platforms etc. Any input would be greatly appreciated

2 Re: Anyone know of gyms in Melbourne on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:40 am

Trackstar

I haven't been to Doherty's in Brunswick for a while, but I'm sure they've got sets of Olympic weights. Need to source out a serious traditional weightlifting gym. Some of the YMCA's around Melbourne should have them.

3 Re: Anyone know of gyms in Melbourne on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:20 am

ShaneMcK

Many many years ago, I spent time training at Coburg Athletic Club gym, they had a lifting platform and all the kit you needed. Maybe the cost of a membership for Coburg is all that is required?

Other than that, get in touch with Piero Sacchetta at Advanced Athlete Performance, I'm sure he has all the kit in his facility that you may need. If not, then he'll point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps

http://www.shanemckenzie.com

4 Re: Anyone know of gyms in Melbourne on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:51 am

DamnFast

Thanks guys - very helpful

5 Re: Anyone know of gyms in Melbourne on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:17 pm

rob_vid

Additionally Melb University power lifting club has all you would need. but Pretty sure you need to be a member of the power lifting club to use it, unless its bookable outside their training Hours.

Melb Uni Weight Lifting Link

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum