PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Brighton Open Gift
Today at 9:00 am by safrican

» Queanbeyan Gift overcomes small field and lower prizes, produces exciting final
Today at 7:32 am by Admin

» Ararat Gift
Yesterday at 4:03 pm by GLPR

» Brighton (SAAL) HANDICAPS - 17th Dec 2017
Yesterday at 2:28 pm by Admin

» Brian Wilson rewarded for going the extra distance (PreBay Gift review)
Yesterday at 10:35 am by Admin

» Northcote Women’s winners handicap
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:34 pm by FortySevenThirty

» Northcote results
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:18 am by Todd Ireland

» Northcote Gift
Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:52 pm by untouchables

» Northcote Womens 100m
Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:23 pm by Thatsthestats

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Andrew Boudrie tells the local paper about defeating Asafa Powell

Andrew Boudrie tells the local paper about defeating Asafa Powell

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/west/altona-runner-defeats-world-champion/story-fngnvog3-1226615044598

Altona runner defeats world champion

Fiona O'Doherty
April 09, 2013
12:00AM

Andrew Boudrie (in blue) defeats Olympian and former world record holder Asafa Powell (far right) of Jamaica in heat 11 of the Stawell Gift. Picture: MARK DADSWELL. Herald Sun

ANDREW Boudrie could almost hear his late father Kenneth cheering him on as he crossed the finish line ahead of Olympian and former world record holder Asafa Powell.

This was no dream but the reality of the Altona athlete's recent bid for the prestigious Stawell Gift at Easter.

Boudrie, 27, unexpectedly defeated Powell in heat 11 of the world famous annual race.

"I didn't even expect to make it out of my heat regardless of who was in it," he said.

"I was a little dejected when I realised Asafa Powell was in my heat, but I didn't realise I was in such good nick."

Boudrie said he shook Powell's hand before the race.

"I said 'have fun' but that was pretty much all the interaction I had with him I think he said thanks," Boudrie said.

Boudrie's win qualified him for the semi-final, but a false start and a metre penalty meant he didn't make it into the final, which was won by Tasmanian Andrew Robinson.

It was later revealed Powell had a suspected hamstring injury.

Boudrie said he dedicated the race to the memory of his father Kenneth, who died suddenly of a heart attack in August last year.

This week he will compete at the national championships in Sydney.

He was aiming to make the 4x400m relay team to compete at the World Athletics Championships in Moscow in August.

Andrew Boudrie is a Hobsons Bay Leader Sportsmart Senior Sports Star nominee.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum