PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Breen strains her calf - out for the rest of the season

Breen strains her calf - out for the rest of the season

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/injury-sidelines-breen-20130315-2g6g0.html#ixzz2NgL1c900

Injury sidelines Breen

By David Polkinghorne
Canberra Times
March 16, 2013

Less than a week after experiencing the high of booking a ticket to Moscow for this year's world championships, Canberra sprint star Melissa Breen has experienced the low of injury.

Breen strained her soleus - part of her calf - during training on Wednesday and was anxiously awaiting the results of a scan to know how long she'll be out of action.

She will know more on Monday when she speaks with the AIS doctors, but was hopeful it would be a four to six-week recovery period. It comes after the 22-year-old recorded an A-qualifying time at the Sydney Track Classic last weekend to qualify for the world championships.

She stopped the clock in a personal-best time of 11.25 seconds.

The 100-metre flyer said it was reassuring to have that qualifier in the bag, which will allow her to concentrate fully on her recovery. Similar injuries take about four to six weeks, which would mean she'd miss out on the Australian championships and the chance to defend her 100 and 200 titles in Melbourne next month.

She'll also miss the prestigious Stawell Gift, but she still has 23 weeks until the world championships.

Breen said she was disappointed to miss the rest of the domestic season, but Moscow was the main focus. ''Obviously it is [disappointing to miss the nationals], but I'm just very happy to have that A-qualifier done, it takes the pressure off,'' she told The Canberra Times on Friday.

''It's a shame not to compete domestically, but once the A was done it was all about running fast at the worlds this year, which isn't until August - just another big build up towards that and hopefully be running faster come August than I'm running right now.''

Breen was practising her starts in a block session in the lead-up to this weekend's Perth Track Classic when she felt a sharp pain in her calf.

The London Olympian said she was angry when it happened, but she'd cooled down while icing her calf and she came to accept the injury.

''I was just doing a normal block start and I just felt my calf hurt a fair amount and I pulled up,'' Breen said.

''I won't see the doc back at the institute until Monday - till we know a little bit more exactly how long I'll be out for and just in terms of rehab what I'll need to do and when I can start that.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum