PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Maiden Rosebery Gift for Brandon Clark at the 2017 Rosebery Carnival
Yesterday at 10:32 am by Admin

» Ararat Results
Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:57 am by SANCHEZ

» Ararat Gift
Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:56 pm by timrosen35

» Multiple NAPS lead to anything?
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:01 am by DDog

» Pro running right on track
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:26 am by youngy

» Brighton Open Gift
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 am by safrican

» Queanbeyan Gift overcomes small field and lower prizes, produces exciting final
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:32 am by Admin

» Brighton (SAAL) HANDICAPS - 17th Dec 2017
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:28 pm by Admin

» Brian Wilson rewarded for going the extra distance (PreBay Gift review)
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:35 am by Admin

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Melissa Breen overhauls technique before Tassie

Melissa Breen overhauls technique before Tassie

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.theadvocate.com.au/news/local/sport/athletics/changes-test-patience-before-coastal-carnivals/2024395.aspx

Changes test patience before Coastal carnivals

BY JONATHAN MALLINSON
The Advocate
14 Dec, 2010

AFTER weeks of overhauling her technique, national 100m champion and Commonwealth Games athlete Melissa Breen is keen to give the Christmas Carnivals Series a shake- up.

Breen and coach Matt Beckenham have put in place some changes that should help Breen reach her full potential.

"We have made some massive changes to my technique and the last eight weeks have been frustrating, but I just have to be patient," Breen said.

Beckenham and his team of athletes will fly into Tasmania on December 28 just in time for the Devonport Carnival.

Breen said she was looking forward to getting away and having a bit of fun.

No stranger to gift running, Breen is a former Queanbeyan Gift winner and is expecting no help from the handicappers in Tasmania.

"It is a little frustrating running off scratch, but it gives me a little more time to catch everyone.

"I haven't seen the marks yet, but I'm not expecting a lift for the carnivals, it will be either half a metre or scratch," Breen said.

Breen, 20, still has a lot of running ahead of her and ultimately her goal is to compete in the 2012 London Olympics.

Following the carnivals series Breen will focus her attention on the Australian domestic series, which starts in February.

She will then travel to Japan and Europe in the middle of next year before gearing up for the World Championships.

To qualify for the World Championships, Breen must run 11.29s - with a personal best of 11.34s this year, she is very close.

"Those last few seconds are always the hardest to get, but I am not putting any pressure on myself, if it happens it happens, if it doesn't then it is not to be," Breen said.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum