PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » AAC awards criteria

AAC awards criteria

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 AAC awards criteria on Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:36 pm

mattyb

Not sure if it is true across all states but can athletes only be considered for national awards (AAC) if they win their state equivalent? If this is so I would like to poise some potential examples of problems with this method of choosing national award winners.

I am thinking about Josh Ross who won Bay of scratch, has won 1 Gift in VAL already and may be in the final at Stawell. Also an Olympic finalist in the 4 x 100m relay and national champion.

He is registered with VAL. Let's say he doesn't win the VAL athlete of the year, which would probably be going to Rhys Parkinson at present, then can he not be considered for the Athlete of the Year?

Whilst I think Rhys deserves the athlete of the year for VAL because he has dominated this league in numerous distances I would hope that some consideration is given to athletes who perform across multiple athletic leagues when considering national awards.

As an example if an athlete under the current system was registered with NSWAL but won Stawell, Bay Sheffield and Burnie in the same year they probably wouldn't win athlete of the year in NSW because it is as a cumulative point score from NSWAL run gifts only. Therefore their name would not be put up for national awards despite the fact that they are the perfect selection for a national award.

Pretty sure amo and pro running results are considered when deciding the national athlete of the year but under current system I feel it doesn't factor in the reality these days that athletes compete in numerous states.

Interested in thoughts.

2 Re: AAC awards criteria on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:15 pm

ToM

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Josh has been running this season for AV club Collingwood, although I don't know if this is his second claim.

3 Re: AAC awards criteria on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:20 pm

ToM

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
So does that make him a Victorian or New South Welshman in the VAL?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum