PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Spectator Entry to Stawell

Spectator Entry to Stawell

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Spectator Entry to Stawell on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:58 pm

DamnFast

Last year I bought tickets online for me and my family (8 in total.When we arrived at the gates none of the staff on duty had any idea what to do with the "tickets" we had printed off. They were extremely polite and tried hard to help us by taking us to the office where we were told to present there each day to exchange our "tickets" for a day pass. Only problem was that on each of the 3 days the person at the office didn't have much more of an idea what to do. Consequently it took us over 30mins each day to enter the grounds.

We are ready to come down again this year but would love to know if we are better off buying tickets or just queuing at the gate.

We want to be supportive and book early - and avoid the Asafa rush but...

Anyone have any idea on the best way to go

2 Re: Spectator Entry to Stawell on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:03 pm

jknott123

buy your tickets at the gate bad enough waiting to get a trainers pass from the office

3 Re: Spectator Entry to Stawell on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:04 pm

DamnFast

Any how do athletes get their passes?

4 Re: Spectator Entry to Stawell on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:10 pm

jknott123

TeamT wrote:Any how do athletes get their passes?

at the office

5 Re: Spectator Entry to Stawell on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm

David Culbert

Here is what I know about this...

Online tickets will need to be shown at the office to get entry tickets. Hopefully it is smoother than last year, which was the first year the SAC had done it and it didn't go as smoothly they hoped! Given the number of tickets sold already this year, it's something they are aware of.

Runners passes used to be mailed out, however unfortunately a large percentage of runner's 'lost' their pass or it 'never' arrived. Yet the number of runner passes collected at the gate indicated that this was 'bulltish' and they'd given their pass to a mate and got another one. I think one year, there were more tickets handed in at the gate than runners!

So, runners must now go to the office, get their name crossed off and get their one ticket for the weekend.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum