PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Stawell Sprint Tips (70-200)

Stawell Sprint Tips (70-200)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Stawell Sprint Tips (70-200) on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:13 am

sprintstar

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Who is everyone tipping in the shorter events this Easter?

70m
Always a lottery. From the weekend Rooke and Parkinson both look like they are still in it based on times.

Gift
If field is lifted only 2m as suggested, Powell in any sort of shape romps home. Add in the usual suspects of course who always come out to play at Stawell

200m
Tough one. Top 3 at Maryborough were Nicholas MacGibbon who is in great form after winning on the weekend. Glenn Ross who just won a big one. And Tim Rosen who I don't know much about. Others will have waited as well I'm sure

2 Re: Stawell Sprint Tips (70-200) on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:19 am

Double Jeopardy

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
I only have a passing interest in the sprints but surely Jay Blake has to be considered in the 200m at Stawell.

2nd last year off 25m, ran off 21m at Maryborough and one would think he's improved roughly 4m since last year.

3 Re: Stawell Sprint Tips (70-200) on Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:42 pm

Roadrunner

70m - total lottery
200m - Becomes very dependant on who performs in the gift and who doesn't. Often a few amateur runners who get knocked out in semis will be competitve.

Below are the names that I see as possible finalists for the gift. There will no doubt be 1 dark horse that nobody saw coming.

Ben Weaver - Close in the last 2 years but looks to be peaking at the right time of the season. Concerned about his ability in the final 30m though.

Ed Ware - Runner up in 2011 by the slimmest of margins. Looks a stronger runner now ableit off tighter mark. Winner of Bay Sheff 70m and Albury 70m. That form should suggest he would be winning some gifts but seems to go missing in the 120m. Don't need to be Sherlock to see he is waiting for Easter.

Kevin Brittain - 12.30 in his semi to run 2nd last year off 6.75m is very good running and is unlucky to miss a final on that run. Haven't seen much of him this year other than Final at Maryborough 200m. If can repeat form from last year he is in it.

Aaron Stubbs - Looked on sensational form at Ballarat to win 70m off a tight mark. His run in the gift was a shadow of the 70m run which tells me he is building. Looks bigger and stronger than previous years. A real chance to be back in this.

Sam Jameison - The 2008 gift winner is back out to a handicap of 4m (could be 4.75m by Stawell, plus the Powell lift). Wins back to back Albury backmarkers and is looking fit if nothing else. Is yet to emulate his 2008 form which won him the gift through a serious of injuries, but seems injury free at the moment and there is too much talent in his squad for him to not be back to some form now. My guess is he is flying and will be a real threat at Easter trying to win his 2nd Stawell gift.

Fabrice Melanie - His name has been tossed around for the last couple of years, but I get a sense that the Bruce Gulliver trained runner is finally trying to peak at the right time this year. Needs a big mark but given the lift will put him out there towards the limit will be hard to catch.

Asafa Powell - Has got everyone talking. The big man will be the fastest athlete ever to run at Stawell. If the conditions are warm I think he will run 12.0 off scratch. So depending on the lift the field gets will have to start as favorite. Cannot wait to see him fly.

4 Re: Stawell Sprint Tips (70-200) on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:10 pm

vicinsider

All good picks there son, another I may add to the mix is .................... Has been quietly going about his business collecting many ticks letting him stable mates take the limelight and the coach may have finally worked out about planning a training program towards stawell.

There are a couple of other interstaters whom have really grabbed my attention, one from WA and one from SA.

5 Re: Stawell Sprint Tips (70-200) on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:58 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Going North.NOT to Sunny Qld.Not that far.
Will be one of those runners in the 5m to 8m bracket who will benefit from the Powell lift.
Will run close to 12.00 or quicker.

6 Re: Stawell Sprint Tips (70-200) on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:43 pm

The Morphy Mongrel

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Forget SA, Vicinsider. No one good enough. No depth and all form is known.
More chance the winner will come from the South Pole than South Australia.

7 Re: Stawell Sprint Tips (70-200) on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:51 pm

sprintstar

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
After looking at all of the Victorian results I have decided:

Khan Marr to win the gift.

Richard Norris to win the 70

No idea with the 200. Still need suggestions/help

8 Re: Stawell Sprint Tips (70-200) on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:22 pm

Discobull

Waiting for Bendigo Handicaps coming out, then will be able to tell, Maybe An outsider that no one has mentioned yet, hey but why give it away, might keep this one to myself so odds dont get to low. hahahahaha

9 Re: Stawell Sprint Tips (70-200) on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:22 pm

Mex

Discobull wrote:Waiting for Bendigo Handicaps coming out, then will be able to tell, Maybe An outsider that no one has mentioned yet, hey but why give it away, might keep this one to myself so odds dont get to low. hahahahaha

Gee, haven't heard that one before Smile

70m - Martin Horne? Would be funny if he one by a short half head Wink
Seriously, 70m is tough and until we see the gift marks and how much the field is lifted, I will say Powell.
The 200m will absolutely depend on who is running the gift or who is out of gift calculations.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum