PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ararat Results
Today at 9:57 am by SANCHEZ

» Ararat Gift
Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:56 pm by timrosen35

» Multiple NAPS lead to anything?
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:01 am by DDog

» Pro running right on track
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:26 am by youngy

» Brighton Open Gift
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 am by safrican

» Queanbeyan Gift overcomes small field and lower prizes, produces exciting final
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:32 am by Admin

» Brighton (SAAL) HANDICAPS - 17th Dec 2017
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:28 pm by Admin

» Brian Wilson rewarded for going the extra distance (PreBay Gift review)
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:35 am by Admin

» Northcote Women’s winners handicap
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:34 pm by FortySevenThirty

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Mottram taking low key approach

Mottram taking low key approach

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Mottram taking low key approach on Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:24 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/craig-mottram-confident-best-is-yet-to-come/story-e6frf9if-1225968519649

Craig Mottram confident best is yet to come
By Ron Reed
Herald Sun
December 10, 2010

AUSTRALIA'S best distance runner Craig Mottram was at the Zatopek 10,000m race in Melbourne last night - but not to contest it.

However, Mottram, 30, has declared his career to be firmly back on track after a lengthy lay-off battling an achilles injury following the disappointment of the Beijing Olympics, where he failed to make the final of the 5000m, his specialty.

He is aiming for the national championships in Melbourne in April and the world championships - in which he won a bronze medal in 2005 - in Daegu, South Korea, in September.

Speaking at a dinner to celebrate the 50th edition of the Zatopek, which he won in 2001 and 2003, Mottram said he believed his best was still ahead of him - "no doubt".

"I'd like to do better than I have before," he said.

Mottram missed selection for the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi because he had not posted a qualifying time and three other runners had staked their claims. But he has made a couple of appearances at road races in Japan and Britain recently and is progressing well.

"I'm going alright, just taking a low-key approach until Christmas and the New Year and then I'll go to Falls Creek and train hard, as I have done before," he said.

Mottram split with long-time coach Nick Bideau after Beijing and is now working with former national head coach Chris Wardlaw, and appears more relaxed.

"My plan is just to get fit and healthy and enjoy my running," he said.

Asked if he had been too obsessive about his goals previously, he said: "I think so. When you focus on something for four years it can become bigger than it actually is.

"I've got a good balance in my life now, a nice home, I've settled down, I'm much more relaxed."

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum