PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Loxton form guide a work in progress.

Loxton form guide a work in progress.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Loxton form guide a work in progress. on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:18 pm

youngy

Admin
Admin
Working on the Loxton Gift form guide for this Friday's Calcutta and it's interesting to consider those who are in genuinely good shape or close to it.

When examining the recent form of all 40 athletes I could only find five athletes in the Loxton Gift field who you could consider are in or around career best shape.

Jordan Caldow
Tjimarri Sanderson-Milera
Neil Thomas
Ben Wright
Daniel Flesfader

None of the other 35 are in the form they demonstrated when they have performed at their best.

2 Re: Loxton form guide a work in progress. on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:53 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Is Coote coming .
Ran a pretty good Semi at Ballarat ,way better than a lot of his other runs.
Would say if he comes ,he only goes back .25 and would keep them honest.

3 Re: Loxton form guide a work in progress. on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:56 pm

Red leg

So Hicks winning 4 sashes this season isnt considered in or around his career best shape??

4 Re: Loxton form guide a work in progress. on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:03 pm

Can Luke Buchanan make it 3 from the last 3 he has competed in?

5 Re: Loxton form guide a work in progress. on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:24 pm

youngy

Admin
Admin
Red Leg
The standard & depth of SA Gift running pre the Bay was woeful. Worst I've seen in 15 years. The Bay Sheff results reflected that. I'm of the opinion Hicks was not in PB shape when he was winning them. He didn't have to be. If he was in PB shape he would have run at SANTOS, because he is ultra keen to beat his PB of 11.10' recorded 3 years ago.

Besides Hicks last Gift win was 2 months ago and he only managed 11.68, albeit into a head wind, three weeks ago over 100m at SANTOS. Recent form suggests he is not running as well as Nov/Dec.

Buchanan is not on my entry list for Loxton.

6 Re: Loxton form guide a work in progress. on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:18 pm

I think the night Hicks ran 11.68, Mai ran like 11.31 as well. Mai was running pretty consistent 10.9 - 11.1's prior to that night, so probably not a great indicator. I would assume that Hicksy will run Stonnington the night before instead of Loxton?

I think Benny Wright will go well here, and hope he can get up this saturday, and IS in career best form! Otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised if Letton and Dartnall may make another Loxton final. I think they both have made bulk finals here. I still reckon clay will be the biggest danger of the backmarkers, regardless if he is in 'career best form' or not.

I think Alex 'The Horse' Saliu will win the Loxton 300m, but will have to do well to chase down Deng Bulabek who runs this distance very well.

7 Re: Loxton form guide a work in progress. on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:37 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Nittaz
I took out my comments you quoted.

Please do not quote nor respond to comments by me.

You are lucky to be on Protrack given the rubbish I had to monitor in November 2011 following the lack of respect, the name calling & breach of the rules.

And there's the other points such as you don't give me the time of day at a meet and are happy to bag me on Facebook.

Yet you think you can just jump on Protrack and respond as if there's no problem?

Anyway, I have no problem with you commenting on various issues as long as it does not involve responding to anything I write or mention of my athletes.

Please do not respond to this post.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum