PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Adelaide Crap Classic

Adelaide Crap Classic

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Adelaide Crap Classic on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:14 pm

The Morphy Mongrel

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Adelaide Track (Crap) Classic was a joke on Saturday. Not much happening with plenty of flat spots. Don't understand why for the showcase meet, with no medals on offer, athletes still get disqualified from sprints for one break. spectators paying to get in were robbed of Alozie v Ross. Only a few good sprinters there so should guarantee the best ones get to run or give people their money back. Standard/depth thin in most events. Some events were B standard only. Thank god for Hough, Ross and Breen because without them the meet was not much to talk about.

2 Re: Adelaide Crap Classic on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:43 pm

Running Man

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
What about the men's 400m and 800m? Both ended up as quality races with real battles to the line.

Dead heat in the 400m in 46.40 and 3 under 1.50 in the 800m. Nothing to sneeze at.

Personally though I'm against that 1 false start and DQ rule aswell, especially for something that isn't a championship. Everyone is just trying to compete and run fast times in the early season but an athlete can easily be denied a run after flying over and focusing on running well (which often means a week long preparation).

Fair enough that a false start = DQ in a championship when medals, positions and the like are on the line but for the meets that are trying to promote the sport it's a bit harsh.

3 Re: Adelaide Crap Classic on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:50 pm

The Morphy Mongrel

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Agree on DQ. Good points. 3 sub 46.8's is good I suppose, but where are the sub 46 runners? Solomon, Offereins, Milburn, Wroe & co? Overall depth was the problem. Goood for one to three in most events but most of the rest were rubbish. eg, where are the SA 400m runners? Best chick was a 33yo running 57.4 and no SA male ran under 50? WTF?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum