PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Keilor Results

Keilor Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Re: Keilor Results on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:41 am

cali mike

Parkinson wins again.
How many is that for the season now? 8?
Handicapper hang your head in shame

2 Re: Keilor Results on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:51 am

I believe The Pumper has 7 sashes so far this season... Is that some kind of record? Great young runner with a HUGE stride and I still think his best running is ahead of him.

Definite favourite for VAL athlete of the year honours.

3 Re: Keilor Results on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:01 am

Hitman17

Cali Mike. Firstly it was win number 7 not 8. Secondly your comment is both very ordinary (to say the least) and based on pure ignorance on both Rhys and the handicapper. You have absolutely no idea on how hard he has trained this winter and and the work put in by both Rhys and his coach John Henry. Its funny how quick some people are in pointing the finger at the handicapper when an athlete has a break out season and wins multiple races.

They conveniantly ignore (or have no idea or both) on how hard the athlete has trained or the fact that quite often the athlete has been racing for several seasons and has exposed form for all to see. I recall similiar comments being made about Jay Blake who like Rhys has also had a break out season and is reaping the rewards a great winter and serving his appreniceship with several seasons on the circuit. So please have a good think about what you post about other athletes and maybe concentrate on what your doing rather than making inaccurate and ill informed comments.

4 Re: Keilor Results on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:06 am

biggiesmalls

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
Pipe down Cali!
Crawl back under the rock where you came from.

As an athlete who used to train with Rhys I can assure you he trains his bum off. As do all of the guys in the JH squad.
There is certainly alot more to come from Pumpa!
Athlete of the year is just the start of it.

5 Keilor results on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:11 am

floater

Glenn Weston had a stellar season around 2006 winning 8 races from memory ranging from 800m to 1600m. He also won VAL vet athlete that year.

6 Re: Keilor Results on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:25 am

Running Man

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
By all means defend your friends and team mates but I'm pretty tired of any time someone says anything about a handicap an assault of posts happens claiming how hard the athlete in question has trained. We all train bloody hard and do the most and best we can, yet 99% of us don't win 7+ races in a season.

Handicaps absolutely come into play especially when an athlete makes a substantial improvement over a season. I haven't got anything to say about Parkinson as I haven't followed the VAL circuit very closely but really guys, quit saying how hard someone is working implying the rest of us sit around doing nothing waiting for lifts.

7 Re: Keilor Results on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:03 pm

The Sheik

Spot on RM. The other point these guys are stupidly inferring is Pumpa wasn't training very hard before so got tossed some very juicy marks. He now reaps the benefit. Good on him for making the most of those juicy marks he ended up on when he didn't train so hard. BUT time to come back to 5 to 6 in the 70 and 7 to 8 in the Gift, so runners behind him can have a chance of at least ONE sash this year.

8 Re: Keilor Results on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:38 pm

ToM

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
This issue isn't about Parkinson training hard or the entitlement of other athletes; it's about the Stewards and Handicappers doing their jobs.

If Parkinson is being handicapped correctly and pulled correctly for his wins based on total event prizemoney and ceiling times, and still manages to win subsequently, then the stewards and handicappers are doing their jobs and Parkinson deserves the accolades.

But trying to justify your position of support based on work ethic, or position against based on a perception of fairness are largely irrelevant arguments.

If you have a case, make it based on performances, on ceiling times, etc. Personal attacks will only distract.

9 Re: Keilor Results on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:47 pm

cali mike

Parkinson wins again at Noble Park.
It's getting a little old now...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum