PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » 2012-2013 Season Review Thus Far: Best performances

2012-2013 Season Review Thus Far: Best performances

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DizzyRunner

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Season Review Thus Far

As we approach the half way point of the season, DizzyRunner felt it was time to conduct a review of the best performers to date. This review will look at those performers who matter most. No, it’s not those slow and boring 1600/3200m runners (get some muscle), and it’s not the 400/800m runners who are about as consistent as a Catholic priest. And it’s not even those prancing sprinters, who with the exception of the Boss, could spend a little more time training, and a little less time shaving down.

This is a review of those who matter most, the anonymous forum posters. Here is your top 9 in descending order of performance in the 2012/2013 season thus far.

9. Mick the Rex
A relative newby to the forums, Mick the Rex likes to make race predictions that are usually way off the mark . As subtle as his Jim Carey avatar, Mick is always keen to poke fun at others in the form of a straight finger right into the ribs. Favourite phrase “ripped the rex out of this string”.

8. VicInsider
Another relative newby who has begun to post more frequently, VicInsider clearly mixes in all the right circles as he/she is quick to pick up on the lack of details of other posters and add a little in the way of ‘facts’. Interests include: the RBA, Christmas, and Crawford from SA.

7. DizzyRunner
Whilst his level of self-reflexivity has gone through the roof, DizzyRunner’s quality distance form guides of last season have been less frequent and missing crucial athletes. Biggest blunder came in the form of the Bay Shef Backies Mile form guide which included a total lack of knowledge of last year’s winner and an obvious anti-Adelaide runners tone. For the record, first 3 home in that race were from SA.

6. Smoke n Mirrorz
Smoke is another whose updates have reduced in frequency, though there quality has remained the same. Like a bite of award-winning Vanilla Slice from Waacks Bakery, Smoke’s reviews get better and better. A quick review of Smoke’s posts reveal he is not a fan of the Tassie handicapper or Hollingsworth, and in recent times has developing a weird fascination with Stokesy (see below) and over35 550m races in obscure towns.

5. Phantom
A history of the Phantom would reveal he/she is as interested in the back-room administrative machinations as the on-track action. Phantom leans towards the more ‘professional’ high-performing aspects of races. Looking forward to more grape-vine rumours about back-door dealing from Phantom when the season finishers.

4. Ribera
A veteran of the forums, Ribera has the confidence if an aging grandpa, and the wisdom of a retired Confucius scholar; “You can’t educated statues”. Another pearl burnt into this runner’s inspiration bank was “You say you train hard and maybe you do? But do you really train hard or do you train hard to your handicap?”. Ribera writes like he’s a fan of SA racing, just not necessarily a fan of South Australians. However, like everything that Ribera says, there’s more to this anonymous poster than meets the eye.

3. Whispers
One of the only contributors with a negative reputation according to the Forum statistics. The occasional clash of personalities with none other than Youngy himself is not enough to slow down this poster, who ironically is more of a shouter than a whisperer. Almost quick with a suggestion to improve races and carnivals more broadly, Whispers best work was this one liner “Lots of Ducks and Drakes being tossed around at the moment but Athletes and Coaches have to realise there can only be one Santa Claus.”

2. Trackstar
Never one to hold back, this seasons posts have seen Trackstar have a go at: VAL administrators, Crawford, Ribera, Over35er, Dizzy (how dare you?), Lisa Roberts, Bay Shef organisers, Ben Hudson, and the VAL website. Most are done so in a tone not dissimilar to Mickey from Rocky. It’s hard, it’s tough, it hurts, but mostly the intention is good and full of heart.
Complementing Dizzy on his formguide gets Trackstar out of the doghouse, but Dizzy suggests Trackstar subscribe to a ‘5 compliments a day’ diet, at least until after Stawell.

1. Over35er 115
A sprinter based out of SA, Over35er doesn’t know whether to be angry at distance runners for disturbing his warm-up, or to shower in their inspiring efforts. What Over35er does know for sure is that he likes supping muscato after jet skiing up the river. Who doesn’t? Over35er’s passion for the sport is unquestionable, and he stands firmly by a principle that those who are old and slow should have just as much of an opportunity as the next guy to win on the circuit.

Nonetheless, Over35er’s constant posts about mostly meaningless races are infectious and DizzyRunner has found himself spreadsheeting decades of results of over 35 550m races. In all sincerity Over35er has a genuine interest in making the ‘junior-races’ element of pro-racing as good as it can be, and for this he gets the coveted 'Virtual Sash' for the Best Anonymous Poster Half-Way Through 2012-2013 Season.

Next holiday destination for DizzyRunner: Tea Tree Gulley.

Stokesy

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
haha

ToM

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Dizzy's most useful post for the season to date. Smile

Trackstar

Good work, tho to leave out ToM is as bad as the research on the Bay backies mile form guide.

Funny stuff. Only half way through the season, long way to go, not sure I have much left to take the season out? I'll take it one week at a time. If the conditions are right and no more injuries hopefully I can make the top 8.

biggiesmalls

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
Surely there are others who deserve a mention.

Last edited by biggiesmalls on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:39 am; edited 2 times in total

Mick The Rex

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
Mick The Rex is surprised but honoured to get a mention, but surely others deserved a guernsey, especially my personal favourite Stokesy, how could anyone not remember or have enjoyed his 'Teddy from the Pram' post.

Biggiesmalls you've got your hand on it, you offer nothing of interest or value, it's not about the number of posts but more so the content.

Dizzy correct Mick The Rex if barking up the wrong tree, perhaps you can tell us criteria for making your much coveted Top 9? Why 9 and not 10?

Great post Dizzy, I laughed so hard that I'm dizzy my head is spinning, like a whirlpool it never ends, and it's you Dizzy makin' it spin.

Stokesy

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
hey Mick The Rex, thanks for the mention.

My theory is that DizzyRunner left me out because I am not sufficiently anonymous.

Best wishes.

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Well done Dizzy.
Your assumption of everyone is pretty well on the money.
Thought my old mate JB could have been given a berth for his input from way out west.
The fact that I have a negative rating doesnt really phase me as my hide is as tough as nails.
I decided to change over a new leaf New Years eve and agree on everything Youngy posts but then woke up next day and thought what a sad world it would be if everyone agreed with each other.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum