PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Doesn't pay to be a Burnie finalist

Doesn't pay to be a Burnie finalist

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Doesn't pay to be a Burnie finalist on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:22 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Men's 120m Final
Green Jacob Despard 8.00. $9,000
Red Adrian Mott 4.25. $2,000
Pink Mohamad Zeed 8.75. $1,000
Blue Matt Hargreaves 6.50. $300
White John Jakeman 4.50. $200
Yellow Jarred Gilroy 7.00. No money!
Time: 12.70

The Burnie Athletic Club has got to get up with the times and start paying all finalists of its main races. To make the Burnie Gift final is a terrific achievement, so to walk away with no prize money is ridiculous. It's embarrassing that a 'grand slam' gift does not reward those fortunate enough to make up the final. Burnie is slipping further behind the Bay Sheffield every year, and it's things like the prize money distribution that sets the Bay apart from Burnie.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

2 Re: Doesn't pay to be a Burnie finalist on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:09 pm

NBAblues

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
Wow, is this a misprint?

Burnie currently has only $2500 more total prizemoney than the Peel Gift in WA. Looks like they are keen to give the winner $9000 ($4000 more than Peel) but not pay 6th???

Would have to agree with the above comments.

http://www.NBAblues.com

3 Re: Doesn't pay to be a Burnie finalist on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:12 pm

NBAblues

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
We would like to invite anyone who is unhappy with Burnie prizemoney to come to WA for Peel next year (after Bay of course).

Currently pay $251 for 8th place in the 120m Gift final. Likely to be more next year!

http://www.NBAblues.com

4 Re: Doesn't pay to be a Burnie finalist on Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:44 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Do Burnie help pay for airfares and accomdation to attract athletes.
If so ,easy fixed.
Cut out all the fringe benefits to the parasites ,put it into prizemoney and attract the athletes with prizemoney alone.

5 =dead on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:00 pm

Meatpie

I can tell you now that the TAL christmas carnivals are worse then ever and next year they will struggle to attract any decent athletes to come next year.
The handicapping is inconsistant, the prize money structure is laughable( you get $50 for bay semi but nothing for last in burnie final)

It wkll be interesting to see how many mainland stables end up making the trip across next year.
Not many, if any

6 Re: Doesn't pay to be a Burnie finalist on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:12 pm

youngy

Admin
Admin
Whispers wrote:Do Burnie help pay for airfares and accomdation to attract athletes.
If so ,easy fixed.
Cut out all the fringe benefits to the parasites ,put it into prizemoney and attract the athletes with prizemoney alone.

You really shouldn't comment on things you know nothing about. Burnie Athletic Club does not directly pay for mainland squads to attend the Tassie Christmas carnivals so the prize money offered has nothing to do with the expenses offered mainland stables.

There is a budget organised by SCAT that works with prominent mainland squads to assist them to attend the Christmas carnivals. These are not 'fringe benefits to parasites'.

No-one begrudges these arrangements because without them the Tassie meets would be stuffed.

7 Re: Doesn't pay to be a Burnie finalist on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:55 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Read my post a little bit more slowly Youngy and you will realise that I asked the question if they did fund athletes, never stated at any time that they did.
I simply asked the question.

8 Re: Doesn't pay to be a Burnie finalist on Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:20 pm

youngy

Admin
Admin
I read it correctly & responded to your smart arse comment. You made a tenuous link between expenses offered & fringe benefits to parasites.

It was uncalled for and demonstrates a complete lack of understanding & respect for how the Tassie Christmas carnivals operate.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum