PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Josh Ross gears up for Bay Sheffield

Josh Ross gears up for Bay Sheffield

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Josh Ross gears up for Bay Sheffield on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:30 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/local-sport/olympian-ross-gears-up-for-bay-sheffield-battle-with-triple-threat-caldow/story-fnf6m40f-1226539610409

Olympian Ross gears up for Bay Sheffield battle with triple threat Caldow

Kym Morgan
adelaidenow
December 18, 2012

THE KING of Australian sprinting will do battle with the prince of the Bay Sheffield at Glenelg next week, but there are a host of dukes eager to steal the limelight.

Six-time national champion and dual-Olympian Josh Ross flew into Adelaide to promote the state's richest footrace last week and said he was confident he could finally win it.

Standing in his way will be 19-year-old Alberton prodigy Jordan Caldow, who is aiming to become the first man ever to win the Bay Sheffield three times in a row on December 28.

Ross has twice won the Stawell Gift but despite coming agonisingly close in the past, has never won the Bay Sheffield.

A London Olympian, Ross lost the 2004 Bay Sheffield to frontmarker Andrew Steele, whom he had given a 9m head start, by .01sec.

"I feel amazing, the best shape of my life," Ross said last week. "I've used the Olympics to train harder and I've got big goals."

Others contenders for Bay Sheffield glory include Paul Young trained local Tom Sclanders, who showed he was in terrific shape by comfortably winning the Pre-Bay Sheffield Gift.

The state's best 400m runner and former Bay Sheffield winner Clay Watkins won the Sacred Heart Gift carnival, while perennial contender Ryan Hancock has looked good this season.

Frank McHugh trained Camden runner James Cibich finished third at Sacred Heart.

Sellicks Beach sprinter Alex Saliu has looked impressive this year but his chances dived when the handicapper penalised him 1m after deeming he did not give 100 per cent at Sacred Heart.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum