PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Yasmin eyes the Bay Sheffield

Yasmin eyes the Bay Sheffield

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Yasmin eyes the Bay Sheffield on Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:59 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/local-sport/yasmin-finds-mark-after-switch-now-eyes-bay-sheffield-glory/story-fnf6m40f-1226539622539

Yasmin finds mark after switch, now eyes Bay Sheffield glory
By Heather Kennett
Guardian Messenger
December 18, 2012

A FRESH approach to her racing schedule is paying dividends for Bay Sheffield women's favourite Yasmin Openshaw.

The Trott Park runner credits a switch to shorter distance events, away from her pet event of 400m, for the most successful season she has experienced in her nine-year running career.

The 26-year-old paramedic will take winning form into next week's Bay Sheffield Women's Gift. This season she has claimed the Henley Gift, the Sacred Heart Gift and last week she won the pre-Sheffield 70m event at Colley Reserve.

"I normally run 400m with the longer distance Camden Classic as my main focus," Openshaw says. "With the goal of getting fitter and running faster, my coach Luke Hildiyard decided I should be doing shorter events.

"And so far it seems to be working."

Openshaw says winning the Bay Sheffield would be a dream come true, despite a soft spot for the Camden Classic.

"I've watched the Bay Sheff since I was a little girl," she says.

"I'd see these girls run really quick and it made me want to run as quickly as them."

Openshaw says the success of a fellow Coastal Districts squad member has allowed her to see Bay Sheffield success was possible. "Last year Lauren Buchanan made the final and she has inspired me to strive to become as competitive and successful as I can," she says. "I'll be trying really hard to make my family, especially my Dad, and my boyfriend proud.

"I just want to run well in the heats and try to let my nerves turn into confidence."

Other South Aussie contenders for the Bay Sheffield Women's Gift include backmarker Natasha Wright and Lucy Buckley.

The Bay Sheffield Women's Gift final is scheduled to start on Thursday, December 28, at 6pm.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum