PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Jordan Caldow sprints to glory at World Surf Lifesaving Championships

Jordan Caldow sprints to glory at World Surf Lifesaving Championships

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/more-sport/jordan-caldow-sprints-to-glory-at-world-surf-lifesaving-championships/story-e6frfglf-1226515411025

Jordan Caldow sprints to glory at World Surf Lifesaving Championships

Kym Morgan
The Advertiser
@ Herald Sun website
November 13, 2012

Jordan Caldow won the under-19 men's beach sprint for Australia at the 2012 World Life Saving Competition.
Picture: Matt Turner Source: The Advertiser

HE is already the golden boy of SA's most prestigious footrace, now Jordan Caldow is a world champion.

Caldow - winner of the past two Bay Sheffield Gifts - held his focus despite frustrating scheduling issues to win the under-19 men's beach sprint for Australia at the World Surf Lifesaving Championships at Glenelg on Saturday.

The teenager arrived at the Bay expecting to run his heat between 9am and 10am but didn't take to the sand until about 2.30pm, when he easily won his semi.

His final also started several hours after the scheduled time but it did not stop him sprinting to glory ahead of Kiwi Toby Harris.

"To hold his focus showed maturity," Caldow's coach Paul Young said.

Caldow, who was also part of Australia's men's beach relay triumph, will now turn his attention to the club section of the world championships, where he will represent Grange, this week.

Following that, he will attempt to become the first man in the 126-year history of the Bay Sheffield Gift to win the the event three times.

But Young urged people to be realistic, saying it would take a remarkable effort to win, because Caldow has been penalised more than 3m by the handicapper.

"Our aim at the moment is to make the semi-final," Young said.

The focus would switch to track racing in the new year.

Despite Caldow's effort New Zealand won the teams section at Rescue 2012.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

SpeedyDude

What was his result in the Flags event? Did he do the Flags this time? Or did he decide he didn't need to like when he went over to Japan to represent his country?

Admin

Admin
Admin
Jordan was 2nd in the Flags on Sunday to the NZ athlete.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

Well done Jordan, exciting stuff.

Caichlo

Well done Jordan on ANOTHER World Title today. Amazing achievement. Speedy Dude, maybe you should get out and do a bit of training instead of spending your time slandering Jordan, and then you may be HALF the athlete that Jordan is. Although I doubt that will ever happen.

SpeedyDude

Caichlo wrote:Well done Jordan on ANOTHER World Title today. Amazing achievement. Speedy Dude, maybe you should get out and do a bit of training instead of spending your time slandering Jordan, and then you may be HALF the athlete that Jordan is. Although I doubt that will ever happen.

If I am not mistaken Jordan runs 10.8's and slower for 100m, that is hardly something to worship. It is certainly above average but nothing special.

JB

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
SpeedyDude wrote:
Caichlo wrote:Well done Jordan on ANOTHER World Title today. Amazing achievement. Speedy Dude, maybe you should get out and do a bit of training instead of spending your time slandering Jordan, and then you may be HALF the athlete that Jordan is. Although I doubt that will ever happen.

If I am not mistaken Jordan runs 10.8's and slower for 100m, that is hardly something to worship. It is certainly above average but nothing special.

SpeedyDude I would suggest you focus on yourself and stop worrying about other people. Stop being such a keyboard warrior and maybe realise that if you only let your running do the talking, everyone else might not think you are such a big knob.

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
For someone who is very much treading water in athletics, maybe JB shouldnt be casting aspersions against others.
Definately dont support Speedy Dudes comments either.

JB

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Whispers, once again your chip on your shoulder against me is evident and a little more than obvious for showing who you are. Maybe you have the same crush on me that Speedydude has on JC. You cannot make any comment about the posts I have made recently about things over here because;
1. You don't live here
2. You have no idea what my comments were directed at and why I said them.

If you want to find out, come have a chat to me at the bay.

youngy

Admin
Admin
Whispers, Several times now you have had a personal crack at JB on an issue that didn't warrant it. Read the forum rules on stalking and try not to allow your personal dislike of JB to dictate your posts.

By the way, on any measure of performance, you ain't and never will be in JB's league, so it's plain stupid to question his status in the sport.

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Speedy Dude tries and discredit a duel Bay Sheff winner.
JB calls Speedy Dude a BIG KNOB
I give my opinion and suddenly IM A STALKER.
I find it very amusing that Im the only one called to order.
If you are going to run a fair athletics forum then maybe everyone should be treated the same instead of different rules for some.

Matenga

Well think about it whispers, on the last two most recent topics on this forum you've had a dig at JB's comments, so their responses are warranted.

racingmania

Read a few threads and I see Whispers often follows a JB comment with a personal attack on JB.. Obvious to me Whispers is borderline stalking. Fair call.

JB

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Cheers guys.

Bringing the thread back around;

Youngy and Jords.. hope to see Jords running a 100m sometime soon. Get you guys over to Perth.. free accom. and get a chance to run a 1 and a 2 on the same night with an awesome tail wind.

ATP

SpeedyDude wrote:What was his result in the Flags event? Did he do the Flags this time? Or did he decide he didn't need to like when he went over to Japan to represent his country?

Jordan Flagging for his country in Japan:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=386987584705011&set=a.386986964705073.84392.355877197816050&type=3&theater

He loves to run, simple as that.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum