PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Sacred Heart Carnival (SAAL) - Sunday 2nd December 2012

Sacred Heart Carnival (SAAL) - Sunday 2nd December 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
FROM THE SAAL OFFICE

Hi all,

We are very happy to announce that a Sacred Heart College Gift carnival has been confirmed to replace the Mount Gambier Gift carnival. The event date will be changed to Sunday 2nd December. Program and carnival details are now being finalised and will be available soon.

The Sacred Heart carnival has been arranged at very short notice, but is something that the League committee felt was essential to maintain the quality of the SAAL season.

Our thanks to Luke Hildyard who has helped us secure Sacred Heart College as the venue for the new carnival. It is a fantastic location and running surface.

Stay tuned for more details!

Kind regards

Bryce / Deb
SAAL

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

Admin

Admin
Admin
FROM THE SAAL OFFICE

Hi all,

Further to our recent email, nominations for the Sacred Heart College Gift Carnival (Sacred Heart Senior School Main Oval – Somerton Park) are now available. For your convenience we have pasted a summary of events and prize money below.

We will keep you posted with carnival details and times when they are known.

Kind Regards

Deb / Bryce

Sacred Heart College Gift Carnival
- Sunday 2nd December 2012

• 70m Open $250

• 70m Women $250

• 70m U/20 $250

• 120m open $500

• 120m Women $500

• 120m O/35 $250

• 120m U/14 $100

• 550m U/17 $200

• 550m Novice $250

• 800m Women $350

• 800m Open $350

• 1600m O/35 $250

• 3,200m Open $500

youngy

Admin
Admin
Not sure who came up with the Sacred Heart program but the lack of 400's on the SAAL circuit (pre Christmas) is something that needs to be addressed. There is only one 400m scheduled in the first eight meets of a fifteen meet season and that makes it very hard for the handicapper to gauge 400m form, especially head to head, prior to Camden.

My view is there needs to be at least three 400m races leading into Camden.

The loss of the Mt Gambier meet has effectively reduced the number of pre-Camden 400m races by half.

400's are traditionally the most popular circle events in pro-running and certainly more popular than 550's so why we are not catering for them seems at odds with what the athletes would want.

Rookie

Agreed youngy!! I mean with 4 800's on the trot surely one of those could turn into a 400??

GT

The Change from the 800m to a 400 meter race should happen surely there is still time!

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Thought the SHC program was a bit odd when it came out as well, especially with over/35 1600m,open 800m, womens 800m and 3200m, bit of an over kill on the circles events so did a bit of investigating.
The league has programmed a 300m,550m and 400m in 3 of the 4 weeks leading up to the Bay.
The 400m runners have the opportunity of running in the Adelaide International on Wed Nov 14th.
So the lap runners should be reasonably happy, as well throw in the extra 400m at Santos.
The league can only program events and cater for athletes needs by getting a feel of what everyone wants by the percentage of competition.The last 400m held by the league was at the Pultney/McKinnon carnival.0nly 15 athletes competed, yes only 15 in three heats and of those 15 , 6 were from the host club.
I know it was the last meeting of the season and I know by then the season is over for most but for 400m runners wanting to argue it doesnt look good.

racingmania

The 400m runners have the opportunity of running in the Adelaide International on Wed Nov 14th.

What's that got to do with the SAAL? Isn't this for the 8 best ASA runners? Most SAAL runners cant enter the Invitation.

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Racingmania, For those that arent quick enough to make the Invitational, perhaps they may want to look at other options at Santos which my post highlights.
Probably Fri Nov 9th and Thurs Nov 22nd at 8.30pm may be better options for them.
Very good options well outside work hours and a good chance to show the handicapper how you are shaping up.

Admin

Admin
Admin
There is only one 400m before Camden. Camden is the 11th meet of the season. It's ridiculous that Leon Burckhardt can only see the athletes going head to head off handicaps in a 400m event once before Camden..

Not all of the athletes who will feature at Camden will run at Brighton in the 400m due to other commitments.

Pulteney is totally irrelevant to pre Christmas meets and the entries at these meets nor can it have any bearing on Camden.

Athletes who desire a more competitive mark in the 400m need to compete over the distance in pro-running conditions to give the handicapper the opportunity to assess them accurately.

Many SAAL runners don't run at SANTOS. And nor should the have to, to placate the whims of others.

I still don't know why we need four 800's before we get to see the first 400 of the season?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum