PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » SAAL Information Meeting TONIGHT (Wed 3/10) & Other SAAL News

SAAL Information Meeting TONIGHT (Wed 3/10) & Other SAAL News

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
FROM THE SAAL

Dear Coaches

An email was sent recently to all SAAL members advising them that an information evening for the 2012/2013 season will be held on Wednesday 3rd October 2012 at 7.30pm in the function room at The Highway Hotel – 290 Anzac Highway Plympton.

Athletes, parents and coaches are invited and we’d like to see as many people there as possible. This will be an excellent opportunity for you to be introduced to the handicappers, officials and management committee so please let me know if you can join us – I look forward to seeing you there.

Since the email was sent we have had many new athletes register so I will send the email again but we would also appreciate you telling your new athletes that it is on. Since the introduction of the online system new athletes no longer come into the office so office staff have limited opportunity to go through race day procedures and rules with athletes.

New athletes and new parents need to know basic things like;
Where to collect programmes
How to scratch on race day
What to wear
When to collect colours
What length spikes to wear
Where to find rules on website
Obligation to report Personal Best times

Whilst the above list seems pretty basic to people who have been involved in the sport for many years new athletes do not know all these things and it takes a long time on race day to explain it over and over to everyone who asks. This information evening is the perfect opportunity for new athletes to come along with their coaches and ask questions so please encourage your athletes to attend.

Kind regards
Deb

Last edited by Admin on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

Admin

Admin
Admin
FROM THE SAAL Office

Hi All

As per our recent email I would like to remind athletes about the information evening for the 2012/2013 season. This will be held on Wednesday 3rd October 2012 at 7.30pm in the function room at The Highway Hotel – 290 Anzac Highway Plympton.

Athletes, parents and coaches are invited and we’d like to see as many people there as possible. This will be an excellent opportunity for you to be introduced to the handicappers, officials and management committee & we look forward to seeing you there.

Nomination closing dates;
Flinders Closing date – Thursday 4th October 2012
Henley Closing date – Monday 8th October 2012

Online entries for these 2 Carnivals are now available and we hope to have the remaining carnivals online shortly. If you would like to come in to the office to nominate in person please remember you must have cash or cheque as we do not have credit card facilities in the office. Office hours are Monday, Thursday, Friday 9.00am – 4.45pm.

Please note when you nominate online you will automatically receive 2 emails – 1 will confirm your payment and the other will confirm your nominations. If you do not receive the 2 emails then your nominations are not complete. If this occurs please contact the office for assistance. We ask that you check your confirmation emails carefully as sometimes athletes enter the wrong races – if this happens we can fix it if we know about it straight away but we cannot make any changes on race day. Athletes can also go online anytime to check their nominations and we encourage you to do this after you have nominated.

Port Adelaide
Handicaps for the Port Adelaide Carnival will be released next Tuesday via the website.

If you have seen the list of athletes competing at Port Adelaide on the ProTrack Forum please note there are still athletes to be added to that list. Office staff still had some manual entries that needed to be processed at the time the list was posted.

If you have any questions about any of the above please do not hesitate to contact us on 8443 6177.

Kind regards

Deb Osmond / Bryce Watkins
Executive Officers
SA Athletic League
T 08 8443 6177
E saal@internode.on.net
www.saal.org.au

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum