PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Powerful Glorie at Mullewa Gift

Powerful Glorie at Mullewa Gift

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Powerful Glorie at Mullewa Gift on Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:42 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/regional/gascoyne/a/-/sport/14738416/powerful-glorie-at-mullewa-gift/

Powerful Glorie at Mullewa Gift

By Victor Tanti,
Geraldton Newspapers
September 3, 2012

Alex Glorie broke through to win the 2012 Be Active Mullewa Gift on Saturday.

The 24-year-old, part of the famous Matt Barber stable at Curtin University, has been a regular in the Gift for several years.

He was delighted to finally take the honours on a beautiful, sunny and almost windless day in front of the biggest crowd seen at the Gift for several years.

“I’m very happy, I’ve wanted to win this for a long time and today it all came together,” Glorie said.

“I’ve had some injury problems, but my power is coming back and it’s great to be running freely.

“I love this sport and want to be involved for a while yet — this is very special, so thank you to everyone.”

Power is what Glorie, a big man, has plenty of, but he is also blessed with a reliable style that served him well in the frenetic closing stages.

He started off a 10 metre handicap meaning only Bryce Teo (7.25m) and Cole Unasa (7.75) were behind him with the other five to catch.

A good start meant he held off Teo and Unasa easily enough and his muscle allowed him to reel in Ben Clark (13m) and Gemma Grigg (26.25m) at the death.

Grigg did well to take second place and though primarily a beach runner through her surf lifesaving, she certainly has promise on turf.

Clark, a North Beach 21-yearold, was third and he is another to keep an eye on.

In other races, the Bendigo Bank 550m final produced a female trifecta with 20-year-old Kiara Reddingius winning from Isabella Valuri and Sophie Watts.

The Jim Wilson 70m final was a thriller with Teo, a 19-year-old who has been in great form this season, edging out Dylan Panizza and Unasa.

The 120m Novice Final went to Gemma Grigg from Abigail Dargan with Masters runner Martin Campbell taking third.

There was also a junior Gift won by Harry Keeffe and a Community Sprint strongly supported by the Mullewa Football Club that was taken out by Kristian Papertalk.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum