PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Track resurface

Track resurface

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Track resurface on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:56 pm

DamnFast

Does anyone know (a) when the Moonee Valley track will be resurfaced and (b) are there any public access tracks available nearby?

2 Re: Track resurface on Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:10 am

Trackstar

Essendon track was resurfaced/upgrade in 2007. Last I saw it, in summer, it was still in good condition. Does it need to be re-surfaced already?

3 Re: Track resurface on Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:14 am

DamnFast

Apparently its slated for resurface. Essendon Little A's have informed their members that the season will start at Keilor not a Moonee Valley but no-one I have talked to can tell me when its happening

4 Re: Track resurface on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:48 am

DamnFast

Aberfeldie track will be undergoing repairs for 7 weeks from 17th September. All we know follows.

From DANNY I've been informed by Adrian Wilson (MVCC) of the state date for the track repair works (see details below). With that start date, the earliest likely date of completion will be around the 5th of November. Given we need the track on the 4th of December for Zatopek BCD grades, this gives us a month up our sleeve.

I haven't heard how much of the track is being resurfaced and what sections of it will be closed. Adrian will hopefully have that information out to user groups this week. Some groups may have to consider other venues, depending on the nature of their training. I've requested a diagram of the sections being repaired, hope to be able to pass that on soon.

From MVCC Apologies for slight delay in sending these minutes through, I have been waiting on confirmation start dates for the track resurfacing works. I can now confirm that Sharcave Pty Ltd T/AS TEAM Sports have agreed to commence track resurfacing works on Monday, 17 September 2012. It is forecasted these works will take approximately 36 working days however given the nature of the works and the dependency on suitable working conditions (weather) the project is likely to extend beyond 36 days. I will stay in regular contact with clubs to inform them of project progress, delays, expected completion date etc.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all clubs for your cooperation thus far. Moonee Valley City Council acknowledge the timing of the works is not ideal for your upcoming seasons, however, in the interests of delivering a successful project for all it is essential we conduct the works during this period as has been advised by the contractor.

I will provide more details on the resurfacing works along with the status of the hammer cage and flood mitigation projects in the near future.

Kind regards, Adrian Wilson

http://www.athleticsessendon.org.au/news/display.html?sub_id=702&search=&pg=

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum