PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » VAL Chief Handicapper

VAL Chief Handicapper

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 VAL Chief Handicapper on Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:27 am

MOB

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
I'm posting this to confirm I will not be applying for a position on the VAL Handicapping panel for the forthcoming season.

I have decided to take up a position on the VAL Board, which was confirmed at yesterday's VAL AGM.

I have been a handicapper for the last 6 seasons, the last 2 as Chief Handicapper, and have really enjoyed the challenge and particularly meeting and getting to know so many athletes and coaches, both in Victoria and interstate.

I'd like to thank all those athletes and coaches for the acceptance of both myself in the role and the changes we have impplemented. I'd also like to thank the Board members who have driven those changes in particular Andrew McManus and Brian Marantelli. Our aim was to introduce structure and process into the role which we have successfully done and we are now well placed from a handicapping perspective going forward.

The other members of last year's panel are all looking at reapplying for the Handicapping Panel for next season and will continue to ulitize the worksheets and processes we have introduced.

Finally I'd like to wish you all the best of the forthcoming season and I look forward to catching up with you throughout the season.

MOB

Last edited by MOB on Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

2 Thank you. on Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:36 pm

ToM

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Thanks for your service, MoB. You and your panel have provided us with confidence in the integrity of the handicapping and stewarding process and your conduct and approachable nature have made the entry of my young athletes in to the VAL ranks that much smoother.

Best of luck in your new role.

3 Re: VAL Chief Handicapper on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:30 am

Phantom

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Totally agree with you ToM. MOB managed to finally bring a level of integrity and confidence to the handicap system. Didn't always agree with every decision MOB made but I at least knew it was made with what he thought was in the best interests of the sport.

4 Re: VAL Chief Handicapper on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 am

Trackstar

Ditto Phantom & ToM.

I'm disappointed to see MOB retire from handicapping for reasons stated in prior posts. When you get frustrated & upset with a mark but acknowledge its nothing personal, its the man just doing his job, the handicapper has your respect and much easier to move on. MOB had that. Worried now what we will end up with. Hard to beat MOB for integrity and respect.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum