PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Usain Bolt beaten by Blake again - in the 200m

Usain Bolt beaten by Blake again - in the 200m

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Usain Bolt beaten by Blake again - in the 200m on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:14 am

youngy

Admin
Admin
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympics/article-2167516/Usain-Bolt-beaten-Yohan-Blake-again.html#ixzz1zQQudQOh

No longer a Bolt from the blue! Usain beaten by Blake again in the 200m

By Sportsmail Reporter
dailymail.uk
2 July 2012

Usain Bolt was beaten for the second time in three days by training partner Yohan Blake, this time surrendering his supremacy in the 200metres.

The Jamaican world record holder and Olympic champion was edged out by his rival in their nation's trials for this summer's Games in London. Blake came home in 19.80, 0.03seconds ahead of Bolt.

In a result that can no longer be considered a surprise, Blake started edging into the lead near the turn, then burst past Bolt for the narrow victory.

The win came two days after Blake, the reigning world 100 champion, beat Bolt in the 100 by running a 9.75.

If everything goes to form, their next meeting will be at the London Olympics.

In the women's 200, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce ran a personal best 22.10 seconds to also complete the 100-200 sweep. She'll be joined by Sherone Simpson and two-time defending Olympic champion Veronica Campbell-Brown.

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://sports.terra.com/blake-wins-200-meters-goes-2-for-2-vs-bolt,d541fee0c2548310VgnVCM10000098cceb0aRCRD.html

Blake wins 200 meters, goes 2 for 2 vs Bolt

By EDDIE PELLS
sports.terra.com
July 02, 2012

No posing, no salutes, no fist pumping. Yohan Blake simply paced in front of the jam-packed grandstand at National Stadium and stared up into the crowd, letting all those fans soak in a nice, long look.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the man to beat at the London Olympics.

In a result that can no longer be considered a surprise, Blake beat Usain Bolt in the 200 meters at Jamaican Olympic trials Sunday, finishing in 19.80 seconds to edge the world-record holder by 0.03.

When it was over, Bolt was the first one to approach his training partner and buddy and give him a big bear hug. Moments later, Bolt was down on the ground, getting his right hamstring stretched out, while Blake was celebrating — rather modestly — in front of the grandstand.

"A lot of people gave me encouragement, said, 'Yohan Blake, you can do it,'" Blake said. "I just wanted to keep performing and keep going."

The win came two days after Blake, the reigning world 100 champion, beat Bolt in the 100 by running a 9.75.

That was a shocker, but there were explanations — most notably the terrible starts Bolt got off to throughout the 100 heats and in the final. Bolt has always considered the 200, which better suits his lanky 6-foot-5 frame, his real work. And indeed, he's got work to do there, as well.

As they approached the finish line, Bolt was grimacing — or was that the hint of a frustrated smile — as he looked to his left to see what hardly anyone could have imagined earlier this week: Blake beating him to the finish line for the second time in the span of three days.

"I'll have to figure out what I did wrong and work on it," Bolt said.

In the women's 200, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce ran a personal best 22.10 seconds to also complete the 100-200 sweep. She'll be joined by Sherone Simpson and two-time defending Olympic champion Veronica Campbell-Brown.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

hillbilly

This makes for a good Games on the track this year!

Admin

Admin
Admin

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum