PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ararat Gift
Yesterday at 10:56 pm by timrosen35

» Multiple NAPS lead to anything?
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:01 am by DDog

» Pro running right on track
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:26 am by youngy

» Brighton Open Gift
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 am by safrican

» Queanbeyan Gift overcomes small field and lower prizes, produces exciting final
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:32 am by Admin

» Brighton (SAAL) HANDICAPS - 17th Dec 2017
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:28 pm by Admin

» Brian Wilson rewarded for going the extra distance (PreBay Gift review)
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:35 am by Admin

» Northcote Women’s winners handicap
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:34 pm by FortySevenThirty

» Northcote results
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:18 am by Todd Ireland

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Raelene Boyle won't be commentating on the telly - Melinda Gainsford gets the gig!

Raelene Boyle won't be commentating on the telly - Melinda Gainsford gets the gig!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

youngy

Admin
Admin
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/raelene-boyle-snubbed-for-london-games-commentator-role/story-e6frf96o-1226413209218

Raelene Boyle snubbed for London Games commentator role

Luke Dennehy
July 01, 2012

Raelene Boyle has been snubbed by the major networks covering the London Games. News Limited

AUSSIE sprinting great Raelene Boyle will miss only her third Olympics since 1968 after being snubbed for London.

Boyle, who has been a regular commentator at most of the recent Olympics, has not been given the chance to commentate on athletics by the major networks covering the Games.

"I'm not going this time," she said.

"I've not received an offer of a job.

"Just a few little things came about and I thought, I'd just ... watch it instead."

Boyle was part of the most famous Olympic athletics call in history with Bruce McAvaney: Cathy Freeman's Olympic final in Sydney 2000.

Her comment at the end, "What a relief", was played around the world.

Former Olympic sprinter Melinda Gainsford-Taylor has got the athletics gig for Channel 9 at the Games.

Fellow Olympic greats Susie O'Neill, Dawn Fraser and Kathy Watt will also be in London.

O'Neill will cover swimming for Foxtel.

"I think it will have a real buzz about it like Sydney," O'Neill said.

Fraser will take her eight-year-old grandson Jackson to the Games, while 1992 road cycling champion Watt will work as a photographer at the Olympics.

Trackstar

No Raelene at the Olympics. I think I speak for all aths fans.
WHAT A RELIEF! cheers

Gainsford sooooooo much betta!

ToM

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Thank goodness.

I don't mind her often polarising opinions, but she was not great at translating her knowledge of the sport in to entertaining and informative commentary, and far too frequently made blatantly incorrect assertions particularly with regards to event-specific rules. It's not hard to have a copy of the current IAAF rule book in front of you for quick perusal.

Mex

Agreed, she gets fixated on some aspect and talks non stop about it. Melinda will be good I think.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum