PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Emil Rizk & Loris Bertolacci - Who is coaching Josh Ross?

Emil Rizk & Loris Bertolacci - Who is coaching Josh Ross?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

youngy

Admin
Admin
Last month I received a private message on the Charlie Francis Forum from Emil Rizk. It was a PM so I won't publish its exact content here, but he was basically telling me he was coaching Josh Ross (and I didn't have a clue about coaching) Sad .

I gave him a response. Wink Hopefully that's the last I will hear from him.

Anyway I googled Emil's name to see if I could find any reference to him coaching Josh in 2012 and found the following info on Loris Bertolacci's website. Loris explains his company's (Advanced Athletic Performance) role in helping Josh and in particular the support Josh received from Piero Sacchetta.

I met Piero up in Brisbane a few weeks ago. He seems a good bloke who definitely has Josh's best interests as his priority.

The interesting part is that Emil posted on Loris's site in response to the original commentary. Then they had some banter between them.

Here's the extract from Loris Bertolacci's website:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://lorisbertolacci.wordpress.com/2012/04/15/josh-ross-wins-6th-australian-100m-title-as-an-aap-athlete/

Josh Ross wins 6th Australian 100m title as an AAP athlete

Josh Ross blitzed the field to win the OZ 100m title last night. Josh has been training at Advanced Athletes Performance in Preston since September last year. 2 years ago my business partner, Piero Sacchetta, hatched a plan for Josh to become a wide receiver in the NFL.

They went to the US together and did trials. He wowed them with his athletic ability and was picking up the game rapidly. He had played Rugby League as a junior. Anyway the project didn’t proceed past 2010, but it was a great experience for Piero and Josh. Bit more time and he would definitely have got somewhere with American football.

Since September 2011, Josh has trained as an AAP athlete and Piero has been awesome at making sure everything stayed on track. In the last month Piero added masseur to his CV!

Josh’s first run was a 49 secs 400m in Interclub in October 2011.Come April 2012 and he has run 10.23 into a slight headwind. With a bit of luck with wind he would have had a definite A Qualifier for London.The great thing is that his amazing career is back on track and that he and Piero got a reward for al the effort they put in for 2 years since heading off to the US. It was great for Josh to chat to Adam basil 6 weeks ago. Adam was a bronze medallist in the Athens 4*100 team and is Melbourne Victorys fitness guru and he came to the centre a few weeks ago to add something to Josh’s build up.

And it was great to see such a talented athlete train daily right here at Advanced Athletes Performance. Definitely a great learning experience for me.

Well done Josh.
April 15, 2012
Posted by Loris Bertolacci

5 Comments »

Dear Loris.
Regarding the artical about Joshua ross. You need to get your information right.

Piero is not his coach. I Emil Rizk am is coach and if you need information call me on 0414509707. So this artical needs to be changed.

Regards Coach Emil

Comment by Emil Rizk | April 19, 2012 | Reply

Hi Emil. If you read the article carefully I have not said Piero is his coach. Simply that since 2010 he has assisted Josh at a tilt at NFL and then assisted him in Melbourne since September 2011 with back up to allow him to showcase his ability. We have a centre in Preston ( AAP) and he has used this a base for training. Josh will now go to Japan wth the Relay Squad under AA coaches to try and qualify.

Comment by Loris Bertolacci | April 22, 2012 | Reply

Hi Loris.

A call from AA, has confirmed that Piero called and said that he was Joshua’s coach.
This is unprofessional, dangerous, and a very serious matter that will be dealt with.

Thanks Emil

Comment by Emil Rizk | April 24, 2012 | Reply

Hi. Josh went overseas with Piero, with Piero and josh spending time and money trying to get a shot at NFL. This was critical in keeping Josh’s love of sport alive and also keeping him sharp. Another friend of mine, Paul Galea, helped Josh with general life needs in 2010. Then Josh went home for the early part of 2010 but came back in September 2011. He trained at AAP till XMAS, starting with a 49 secs 400m/21.5 200m and a win in Zatopek and nearly won a few gifts. Slightly injured in Jan but still in Melb he then ran a few Olympic Trial meets and spent a week in Sydney prior to Sydney meet where he ran approx 10 7 then 10 8 / 10 5 in trial in Melb. He then put a great 6 week block in till Nationals. Adam Basil helped a bit and Piero went a timed all sessions, massaged and assisted Josh. So since late 2009 josh has spent 90% of his time in Melbourne and been assisted by Piero who was a National Javelin Champion and also is a qualified Sports Science Graduate.

Comment by Loris Bertolacci | April 24, 2012 | Reply

I have read the article and it doesn’t imply Pierro is his coach…

Comment by Interested reader | April 29, 2012 | Reply

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum