PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Kristerfer Kardakovski reflects on Stawell Gift experience

Kristerfer Kardakovski reflects on Stawell Gift experience

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.northernweekly.com.au/news/local/sport/athletics/kristerfer-kardakovski-the-running-man/2522896.aspx?storypage=0

Kristerfer Kardakovski: The running man

BY DANIEL PAPROTH
Northern Weekly
16 Apr, 2012

HE may not have had the greatest of Easter weekends at the Stawell Gift, but Kristerfer Kardakovski is still a name to watch out for.

Kardakovski travelled from his home in Epping to the Wimmera for the 131st running of the Stawell Gift.

Confident of a good result, he was left wondering what might have been after failing to make it past the heats in his three events, the 70 metre, 100 metre and 120 metre races.

“It didn’t go as planned,” admits Kardakovski. “A few false starts took my concentration away ... I thought I could have done a lot better. I think I just got too far ahead of myself and I was a bit too quick for the gun.’’

There were a number of false starts in the competition, most notably in the women’s Gift final when eventual winner Melissa Breen jumped the gun.

Kardakovski finished fifth in the ninth heat for the Gift, lining up against eventual finalist and 2006 Commonwealth Games medallist John Steffensen. Kardakovski says Steffensen was quick in the heats but he didn’t think he would win the race.

“It was a really interesting final, I thought,” Kardakovski says.

“The kid from Ballarat [Matthew Wiltshire] surprised everyone and ended up winning it.

‘‘I think when Steffensen knew he couldn’t win he backed off a little bit.

‘‘Everyone wants to win; second place is the first loser.”

Despite the disappointment, Kardakovski says his focus is on the future. He has raced with Preston Athletics Club but is moving to Meadowglen after finding a new coach.

“The season starts again in October so I’ve got a solid six months of training over the winter to get myself right and come back stronger,” he says.

Kardakovski says there are subtle differences in the three events he competed in at the Easter weekend races.

“They all require speed but my advantage is probably in the 100 and 120 metres,” he says.

“The 120 requires speed over a longer distance and in the 70 there is absolutely no room for error, it’s all over very quickly.”

Kardakovski says competitive running is what distinguishes racing sprinters from people who simply think they are quick.

“There’s a lot of difference,” he says. “A sprinter is more explosive and you need a lot of strength and power compared with just normal running.”

And it’s those differences, he believes, that make the 100 metre sprint one of the most watched races at world-class sporting events.

It’s been dominated by Jamaicans of late, but Kardakovski says Australia “is coming very soon. We’ll get our chance’’.

Off the track, Kardakovski has almost finished a personal training course and is hoping to start working in the field soon.

“I just want to help people reach their goals,” he says.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

biggiesmalls

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
geez the northern weekly must have been desperate for a story

Trackstar

Come on biggiesmalls that's a huge pro running story for this time of year! Could be 1 to follow over the next 12 months.
Who's the lucky new coach for KK the Running Man? Lucky fella! Rolling Eyes

Love the quote: ‘‘Everyone wants to win; second place is the first loser.”
So what does that make 5th in a heat??????

Running Man

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Trackstar wrote:
Who's the lucky new coach for KK the Running Man? Lucky fella! Rolling Eyes

It hurts so much reading that.

biggiesmalls

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
Trackstar wrote:So what does that make 5th in a heat??????

4th loser?

i guess it's better than 5th loser.

Biggiesmalls would like to announce that he has made a late play to coach KK - The supreme running man.

Watch this space!

Last edited by Admin on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : shocking spelling)

Smoke n Mirrorz

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Mirrorz believes this photo was taken of the Running Man running for the bus. One wonders where he's stored his Myki??

Now I remember watching the running man, and you could see the smoke before he moved in the Arthur Postle. Wonder if the Running man is using the Josh Tiu or John Drummond defence?

Trackstar

Is it true Young wanted both Caldow and KK but couldnt fit them in his salary cap?

biggiesmalls - you sure you got room to move in your super squad to make a play for KK the Running Man?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum