PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Tiu didn't break

Tiu didn't break

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tiu didn't break on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:26 pm

Old Pro

I was never sure about those breaks in the 6th Semi so I have had a good look today.

I looked at the telecast and watched the 6th semi time and time again. You can clearly hear the gun before Tiu moves in the first start, he got a blinder. Steffenson has clearly left the ground before the gun is heard and he is correctly called a break.

The 2nd start when they call Tiu for the break, you can clearly hear the gun before Tiu moves. He didn't break. I checked that a few more times and it is obvious he doesn't break. I then watched the replay in slow motion when you can't hear the gun but you can see the smoke has left the gun from the right had of the starters pistol and the smoke has travelled over to the starters left shoulder before Tiu moves. (Chris Perry the commentator incorrectly believed it was a break when he looked at it in the slow motion section because he sees Tiu beat everyone out but he cant compare it the noise of the gun in that film section, and he fails to compare it to the smoke to make that judgement, he makes it purely on who left first with no comparison to the gun noise or the smoke). Tiu didn't break, but unfortunately for him he was so good that that the starter has called him for a break because he beat everyone convincingly, but he still didn't break. I compared it again and again to both smoke and noise and he still hasn't moved before either of them. Definately a bad call by the starter and Tiu would most likely be the unluckiest Gift runner I have seen in recent times.

Otherwise it was a great carnival and a great win by Wiltshire.

2 Tiu didn't break on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:43 pm

Mich82

I agree with your thoughts. I too have watched the race and can't help but feel for the young fella Tiu. My thoughts are that he would have taken out the gift had it not been for the poor call. Very very unlucky.

Wiltshire was a deserved winner however Steffensons' hamstring act is a blight on the sport. I have not doubt he pulled up 'what a disgrace'.

3 Re: Tiu didn't break on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:46 am

Trackstar

On Friday I backed Josh Tiu and Paul Tancredi as I thought they were certs fro the final because they had generous marks. After the heats I thought I would collect off Tiu. So with my money on, I watched Josh closely and I thought he broke clearly. I was pissed off, with Tiu, not the starter. He defintely moves before the other 6 runners in the semi and you can't be that good you leave the blocks before every runner. Melanie is a very good starter and he beats Melanie out by a half meter. Compare his start in the third attempt. He comes out with everybody else but in the one before it he was first to move.sadly for Tiu and me, the starter was on the ball.

4 Re: Tiu didn't break on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:17 am

Old Pro

He beat the others out both times, he was that sharp, but he never beat the gun in either. Look at the tape it's obvious the gun has gone when you look for the smoke and the noise. He waitied forever in the final start, he couldn't use the best part of his race.

5 Re: Tiu didn't break on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:20 am

biggiesmalls

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
sour grapes from the fiedler crew?

6 Re: Tiu didn't break on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:24 am

Old Pro

Check the tape and you will see what I mean. Clearly no break each time.

7 Re: Tiu didn't break on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:06 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Where can we see the tape.?

8 Tui view on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:19 pm

b warner

I agree most definitely with Old Pro. I watched Tui especially after a friend suggested he broke when Steffenson was pinged. I definitely heard the gun before Tui moved and was surprised he was dragged. Aside from that he did tighten up badly in the last few metres.

9 Re: Tiu didn't break on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:03 pm

JH

Expert
Expert
This has been happening for years and will continue as long as we have people who have reaction times superior to others,especially if you have a slightly slower guy beside you.
We all know the answer,but that can't happen in handicap racing with having to change things every heat,or can it.

10 Re: Tiu didn't break on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:09 pm

biggiesmalls

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
Here's the tape....

11 Re: Tiu didn't break on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:26 am

Mex

Whispers wrote:Where can we see the tape.?

Does someone have a copy of the 6th semi? not on youtube yet.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum