PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Steffensen apologises on twitter

Steffensen apologises on twitter

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Steffensen apologises on twitter on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:28 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

http://www.thecourier.com.au/news/local/sport/athletics/steffensen-apology-compensation-for-frater/2515381.aspx

Steffensen apology, compensation for Frater

BY MELANIE WHELAN
Ballarat Courier
10 Apr, 2012

OUTSPOKEN sprinter John Steffensen had crowds on his side when he won his semi-final after being pulled one metre for a false start.

Steffensen electrified the stands with that gutsy run but was forced to send an apology when he pulled up in the final with a hamstring cramp.

“@Stawell_Gift big thank you for having me!! Unfortunately the old hammy gave way on me!! But il (sic) be back!! My apologies to all my supporters!” Steffensen wrote on social networking site Twitter.

The 29-year-old will fly to the United States later in the week where he is chasing Olympic qualifying times in the 400m and 4x400m relay.

Meanwhile, Jamaican Olympic hopeful Michael Frater says he knows he is in great shape after an Easter outing at Stawell.

Frater powered off scratch at Central Park and was pipped of a spot in the Stawell Gift final by one hundredth of a second in a photo finish to his semi-final.

The 29-year-old instead served up a convincing win in the $10,000 backmarkers 120m invitational handicap.

Frater hunted down fellow Caribbean runner Kim Collins (1.75m), the 2011 world champion bronze medallist for 100m.

“It’s intimidating looking at those finishing gates but I’ve learnt more each time I raced,” Frater said.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

2 Re: Steffensen apologises on twitter on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:34 pm

Smoke n Mirrorz

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Hammy cramp aye?

Gave up when beaten. Good for publicity but should not get a cent appearance money again.

3 Re: Steffensen apologises on twitter on Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:55 pm

youngy

Admin
Admin
I know he's not popular, but thank god for Steffensen in that Stawell Gift semi. He brough the wow factor to the event that was missing on Saturday. The final itself contained plenty of drama including the emergence of an exciting talent who was a terrific winner - Made the event a memorable one.

In my view, the 2012 Stawell Gift heats was the most boring, predictable and uninspiring collection of (Stawell Gift) heats I've seen. OK for those who were connected with the chances, but for someone who was detached from the main players and was there as a long time Stawell purist who looks forward to Stawell to 'expect the unexpected' there was no wow factor to get excited about from the Saturday's heats.

The Steffensen/Tiu drama in the sixth semi with Steffensen's brilliant finish was the one result we could not have seen coming. Regardless of what you think of him, Steffensen's semi win was exciting and entertaining.

Tiu was very stiff to meet the one semi finalist who had the X factor. Josh Tiu had the second & third fastest times of the entire meet and still didn't make the final - I can't recall that ever happening before.

4 Re: Steffensen apologises on twitter on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:37 pm

NBAblues

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
Love him, or hate him, Stephensen would have won the 120m final had his hami not cramped... And that would have been a specticle!
I doubt very much he gave up?
He has his critics, but I will look forward to watching him at the gift next year.

http://www.NBAblues.com

5 Re: Steffensen apologises on twitter on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:46 pm

Smoke n Mirrorz

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Smoke n Mirrorz is a fan, but if you watch the video he was not going to win which is why he 'cramped' up.

As much as a spectacle he created for the semi, he diisrespected the final.

6 Re: Steffensen apologises on twitter on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:16 pm

ToM

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
You don't jump and dance across the line like that if you're concerned about your hamstring. Not ever.

7 Re: Steffensen apologises on twitter on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:36 pm

Ribera

Expert
Expert
Great call from Blicavs.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0keGPgqnYE

8 Re: Steffensen apologises on twitter on Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:02 pm

The 6th semi this year was the best race I've seen in pro footrunning. There was so much tension before the start. Throw in the two false starts and then Steffensen's scintillating romp down the track. Unexpected result and was the climax of the meet for mine. Great win by Wiltshire in the final too, he looked much better than he did in his semi!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum