PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » ASA - 'Free Friday', March 23rd. Run at SANTOS for free.

ASA - 'Free Friday', March 23rd. Run at SANTOS for free.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

youngy

Admin
Admin
This Friday 23rd March, ASA are offering a 'Free Friday' where anyone can compete in ASA's All Comers meet for free. (See below)

I have had confirmation from ASA that anyone can run - you don't need to be an ASA member. It is a one- off promotion to encourage people to come and try athletics.

The (flat) track events offered are as follows:

7.00pm: 100m
7.45pm: 1500m
8.15pm 60m
8.45pm 600m
9.15pm 400m

There's also a hurdles race and several field events.

From the ASA Website:

FREE FRIDAY! 23RD MARCH ALL COMERS MEET
Athletics South Australia are pleased to announce that the All Comers Meet for Friday 23rd March will be free admission. In attempt to increase participation in athletics for the coming seasons we would love to see as many clubs and individuals out at Santos Stadium as possible. We would appreciate all clubs and athletes to encourage interested individuals to come out and see what the sport is about in a drive for greater numbers and competition for the future.

ShaneMcK

I think this is a fantastic idea, one that all AAC bodies could also embrace for at least one race meet per season, they offer a free entry (or even gold coin donation) to a 100m race for non registered people. Only criteria would be they have never been registered with any League or Association prior (except Little Aths perhaps???). Also on offer at some stage, a 400m event and a 1600m event, but not all on the same day.

Offer a very small purse (say $100???) and hold a few heats during the tea break of any major gift carnival. A couple of volunteers from the Leagues hosting the event can administer it, then hand each athlete a registration form & flyer at the end of race to encourage them join in on a regular basis. Offering first year rego free (like VAL already do) and perhaps even a small discount on race entries.

I think I might be taking this up with the VRTA to see if we can possibly get one like this off the ground to see if it's viable or not.

http://www.shanemckenzie.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum