PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Van Veenendaal still chasing Olympic dream

Van Veenendaal still chasing Olympic dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Van Veenendaal still chasing Olympic dream on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:01 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.humeweekly.com.au/news/local/sport/athletics/sprinter-chases-olympic-dream/2477841.aspx
Sprinter chases Olympic dream

BY TEO PELLIZZERI
Hume Weekly
06 Mar, 2012

CHASING Sally Pearson is a tough task right now.

But that's what Tullamarine-based sprinter Charlotte van Veenendaal is doing as the Athletics Essendon competitor tries to find a way into the Olympic team.

Van Veenendaal, 23, competed against Pearson in both the 100m and 200m sprints at the Melbourne Track Classic at Albert Park at the weekend.

A strong headwind off Albert Park Lake made it a tough weekend for all competitors, with Pearson winning both races, the 200m in an A-qualifying Olympic time.

Van Veenendaal was fifth in the 200m in 24.32 seconds and fourth in the 100m final in 12.27 seconds.

"Everyone runs in the same conditions. I went out in the final with a different attitude," van Veenendaal said after the 100m final.

"I've changed a lot this year and I'm working on it every day."

Van Veenendaal went to Daegu, South Korea, for the World Athletics Championships in September last

year to compete in the 4x100m sprint and has been based in Melbourne since.

Her teammates at the World Championships were Pearson, Melissa Breen and Hayley Butler, all of whom competed at Albert Park at the weekend.

"It's always good racing against the girls, any opportunity you get, you like to race against them," van Veenendaal said.

She will compete in the state championships at Lakeside Stadium this weekend and then head to the nationals where she won silver in the 200m and bronze in the 100m last year.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum