PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Doyle does it in '12

Doyle does it in '12

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Doyle does it in '12 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:45 pm

Daniel

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
http://www.lithgowmercury.com.au/news/local/news/general/doyle-does-it-in-12/2469143.aspx

Doyle does it in '12
JEFF GEDDES
28 Feb, 2012 04:00 AM
THE Lithgow Flash Gift has two new champions, a dance teacher and a university dietician student, who are $7000 and $6000 the richer after taking out the major events at the Lithgow Flash Gift Carnival.

The winner of the day’s main event, the 120 metres women’s Gift, was back marker Jacinta Doyle who finished in a time of 14.43 seconds.

Jacinta, coached by former national sprint and relays Paul Hallum, is a full time dance teacher from Cronulla.

Her teaching allows her to train full time at athletics and she had a great story to tell her pupils when she returned to her studio yesterday.

Her hard work has paid off when she flashed across the 120 metres off a handicap of 2.50m to edge out second placed Samantha Burston (14.51 seconds) off 10.75 m and third Placed Kristy Smith (14.55) off 4.75m.

It was a thrilling race which needed a photo finish to separate the placegetters.

It was Jacinta’s first start in the Lithgow Gift.

2 Re: Doyle does it in '12 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:46 pm

Daniel

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
http://au.prime7.yahoo.com/n3/news/a/-/local/13030919/close-finish-at-the-lithgow-flash-gift-video/

3 Re: Doyle does it in '12 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:49 pm

Daniel

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
http://www.theleader.com.au/news/local/sport/athletics/one-flash-comeback/2472685.aspx

One flash comeback
BY BRAD FORREST
01 Mar, 2012 04:00 AM
DESPITE missing almost the last three years of racing on the athletics track, Miranda dance teacher Jacinta Doyle won the richest race in women’s athletics — the Lithgow Flash Gift — at her first attempt.

Now Doyle has her sights set on the 200 metres at the state titles and Australian Track and Field Championships in six weeks.

Named after the ‘‘Lithgow Flash’’ Marjorie Jackson-Nelson, who won two Olympic gold medals (Helsinki 1952) and seven Commonwealth Games gold medals, the race sees professional runners invited from around Australia to compete for a total prize pool of more than $32,000.

Doyle, 22, was the backmarker in Saturday’s 120-metre women’s final, starting off at 2.5 metres, which makes the win impressive as the backmarker doesn’t often win a pro race.

Doyle has been dogged by injuries for the last three years so to make the starting line, before racing off with the $7000 first prize in a fast 14.43 seconds, was impressive.

She beat Samantha Burston by almost a metre, with two noted Sutherland Shire beach sprinters in North Cronulla’s Kristy Smith finishing third in 14.55sec, and Cronulla’s Siobhan Dibley (seventh).

‘‘I was just happy to make the final and I can’t say that I was confident about winning it, due to the quality of the other runners,’’ Doyle said after her first start.

‘‘I’ve only been back in full-time training recently. I had to recover over a year after almost tearing my hamstring off the bone.

‘‘That came after almost two years away from the track after suffering a serious Lisfranc [foot] injury.

‘‘So really, I guess I missed the best part of the last three years of training and racing.’’

Before that, as an 18-year-old, Doyle proved her early potential by finishing sixth in the hurdles at the World Youth Athletics championships.

Coached by former national sprint and relays champion Paul Hallam, she said she had to learn to be ‘‘patient’’ in her recovery from her injuries.

‘‘Now that I’ve had this win I’m hoping to go well at the national titles in Melbourne,’’ she said. ‘‘Maybe even a medal isn’t out of the question in the 200 metres.’’

However, she has no real Olympic aspirations right now.

‘‘Realistically, without world hurdles champion Sally Pearson, the top women sprinters face a tough task qualifying a 4 x 100m relay team for London,’’ she said.

4 Re: Doyle does it in '12 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:51 pm

Daniel

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
http://www.bluemts.com.au/news.asp?pid=28&id=30

What's New in the Blue Mountains
Cronulla’s Jacinta The New Lithgow Flash
posted: 29 Feb 2012
Trekking to Lithgow last Saturday (February 25) was worth it for Cronulla’s Jacinta Doyle, who returned home winner of one of the richest athletics races in Australia.

Doyle, 22, who took out the Centennial Coal Lithgow Flash Gift for Women 120m sprint race and pocketed $7000 from the $11,000 prize pool, said she was attracted to the carnival by the prize money as well as the competitive training.

``This is one of the richest women’s race that we can come to,’’ she said. ``Some of the best sprinters in the country come here.’’

All of the 28 female competitors travelled from the Sydney and Canberra area with some visiting from as far afield as South Australia and Victoria.
Athletes were invited from all over Australia to compete in the Lithgow Flash Gift professional athletics carnival at the Tony Luchetti Showground, Lithgow, for a total prize pool of more than $32,000.
Races were conducted under a handicap system to give an even chance to all competitors.
The Lithgow Flash Gift was named after Marjorie Jackson-Nelson, The Lithgow Flash, who during her athletic career won two Olympic gold medals (Helsinki 1952) and seven Commonwealth Games gold medals.

Through her daughter Sandy Nelson, Marjorie Jackson-Nelson encouraged competitors to reflect on their athletic journey and ``remember those who have helped you so far’’.

Ms Nelson said her mother was an inspiration to all and lived by her motto: ``If you’ve got the dedication you can achieve anything’’.

The carnival had something for everyone this year with produce and artisans markets, a sports expo featuring representatives from Centennial Coal, Lithgow City Council, Destination NSW, Lithgow McDonalds, Coal Services, Maritime Mining Power Credit Union, Delta Electricity, Lithgow Workies, Henry Planet and Equipment Hire, Coates Hire, Jones Bros, Regency Jewellers, CW Printing, Video Ezy, Quarry Mining and Mountain High Conveyancing.

Media Release courtesy:
Blue Mountains, Lithgow and Oberon Tourism

Photographs:
Jacinta Doyle, 22 of Cronulla, stretches with her sister Charlie Hallam, 6, before competing in the Lithgow Flash.
Photo: David Hill, Blue Mountains Lithgow & Oberon Tourism

Jacinta Doyle, 22 of Cronulla, receives her prize from Sandy Nelson
Photo: Robbie Park, Lithgow City Council

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum