PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » LOXTON CALCUTTA on tonight. Scratchings are a must.

LOXTON CALCUTTA on tonight. Scratchings are a must.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
If you are planning to attend the Loxton Calcutta dinner tonight then hopefully you have already organised your table through either the Loxton Gift committee or the SAAL.

If you are wanting to attend but have not organised your table or seats at the dinner you need to contact the SAAL as soon as possible.

I believe it is almost full and there are only a few seats left.

One other thing - if you are not running in either the 120m Gift or the Women's 300m could you please alert the SAAL or Geoff Strutton on 0418 818 032 some time today.

They do not want the punters at the calcutta bidding for heats that contain 'important' scratchings.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

The Morphy Mongrel

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Wouldn't mind a piece of heat one in the Gift. My mail is Cranky Franky's boy is having a crack! forget the polls. Baker can't beat Cibich if Cibich wants it.

I'd just like a look at the heats, how do some get this info days before the event? Where can you find this info?

Admin

Admin
Admin
Normally the heats would not be available until the program has been published. And most athletes/coaches wait to the meet before getting a program, although they are sometimes available on a Friday arvo at the SAAL office.

Due to the Loxton Calcutta, a form guide is considered necessary for the success of the calcutta. I was requested by the Loxton organisers to put a form guide together for both the 120m Gift and the Women's 300m.

I was given the heats early in the week to do the form guides.

By Wednesday the 120m Gift form guide had been completed and I published it on Protrack on Wednesday afternoon - I felt it would add to the build up and be fair to everyone to have the heats released.

The women's 300m form guide wasn't completed until late Thursday night - once it was, again it was posted on Protrack.

These were the only heats I had access to and the only purpose was for the benefit of the calcutta.

The Loxton Calcutta was the best ever with over $4000 in the two 'kitties'.

The Gift was worth $2500, won by Brendan Golden for an investment of $180 (He had drawn the heat so only had tp pay 1/2 price. Heat price was $360). The top heat was heat 3 (Adam Coote/Brad Schutz) which went for a massive $630.

By all reports it was the most successful calcutta ever. The locals love the form guides as it is the only information available to them to make an informed judgement.

I don't get anything for doing the Loxton form guides - it is done with the best intentions to ensure the whole Loxton carnival including the dinner is a success. The only thing in it for me; was if I was able to attend the calcutta dinner, I would have had a free ticket.

This year's Loxton Gift meeting was the best attended & most successful by far, it was a huge crowd and all the sponsors were delighted to be involved - in fact a little birdie told me there is a queue of sponsors wanting naming rights to some of the races.

Terry McAuliffe was at his calling best and his call of the skins was sensational. When it got down to the last two athletes - 1 male & 1 female; he called them 'Julia' (Lauren Edwards) & 'Kevin' (Tjimarri Sanderson-Milera) and excitedly called an easy win to Julia, much to the amusement of the crowd.

The Gift itself was a cracker with a pretty good standard in the semis & final.

Mark Hipworth's crew added a strong interstate flavour to most of the races and raised the standard with Steph Mollica in the Women's 300m, Hippy in the codger's 1k and 'Cootey' in the Gift. Their presence was much appreciated.

One other thing - well done to the SAAL officials - the whole meet ran very well, to time, and only occasionally got a few minutes behind time but seemed to make it up fairly quickly. On the track there was always something exciting happening and the meet seems to build momentum quickly with the last few finals being some of the best running of the season.

Great meet on a well prepared track and should go close to the AAC meet of the year.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum