PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Maiden Rosebery Gift for Brandon Clark at the 2017 Rosebery Carnival
Yesterday at 10:32 am by Admin

» Ararat Results
Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:57 am by SANCHEZ

» Ararat Gift
Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:56 pm by timrosen35

» Multiple NAPS lead to anything?
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:01 am by DDog

» Pro running right on track
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:26 am by youngy

» Brighton Open Gift
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 am by safrican

» Queanbeyan Gift overcomes small field and lower prizes, produces exciting final
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:32 am by Admin

» Brighton (SAAL) HANDICAPS - 17th Dec 2017
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:28 pm by Admin

» Brian Wilson rewarded for going the extra distance (PreBay Gift review)
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:35 am by Admin

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Cooper stable scores a double at Ballarat

Cooper stable scores a double at Ballarat

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Cooper stable scores a double at Ballarat on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:16 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.araratadvertiser.com.au/news/local/sport/athletics/young-guns-continue-stables-winning-run/2458864.aspx

Young guns continue stable's winning run

Ararat Advertiser
17 Feb, 2012

ARARAT - Ruby Klemm and Jake Robinson scored their maiden Victorian Athletic League victories at the Ballarat Gift carnival last weekend, continuing their Ararat stable's impressive run of winners.

Klemm recorded a convincing win in the 800 metres Frontmarkers Handicap final after getting away to a speedy start.

At the bell, Klemm still had a 50-metre break on backmarkers Chris Dixon (96m) and Chris Brown (98m), who never looked likely to catch her.

Ararat running coach, Marcus Cooper knew Klemm's form indicated her breakthrough victory was on its way.

"She ran really well in the two meetings last week, so I thought, hang on a minute I think she is pretty close to a breakthrough here," Cooper said.

"She just blew them away in the final."

Robinson also performed well over the two-day carnival, recording his first win for the VAL season in the 120 metres novice event.

Saturday night's event featured the most even heats conducted all season, with only one metre separating all four heat winners.

Robinson (12.50m) triumphed in Sunday's final, winning the race in a time of 12.74 seconds over Ryan Camille (7m) and Nicholas Cross(9.75m), five metres better than his heat time.

Cooper said he was pleased with both runners' efforts, along with Sarah Blizzard and Julia Boatman, who progressed through to the women's gift final.

Blizzard placed third and Boatman eighth in the women's feature event.

"I was very happy to have two girls running in the final, it was a fantastic effort," Cooper said.

Cooper also praised the performance of Brodie Taylor, who just missed out on qualifying for the finals.

"His starts have improved, his arm swing, his high knee lift, so it is all starting to come together. Hopefully we can get a sash out of him before the end of the year," he said.

"I made it through to the semis for the men's gift and the 70 metres, but after that my old legs wouldn't go any further."

Cooper said his charges had to adapt to challenging conditions.

"It was freezing on Saturday night, it was so hard to get warm, then on Sunday we had a tail wind which suited everyone - A tail wind is obviously much better than a head wind," he said.

"I was really concerned going into the weekend because of the two gifts we'd had the previous week. There were a few tired and sore bodies, so we had lots of rubs and ice baths to try and get up for this gift."

The Cooper stable will contest the Keilor Gift tomorrow.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum