PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Injury-free Jess Gulli earns Olympic trials spot

Injury-free Jess Gulli earns Olympic trials spot

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2012/02/07/305931_local_sports.html

Injury-free Gulli earns Olympic trials spot

Ryan Reynolds
Geeling Advertiser
February 7th, 2012

GEELONG hurdling star Jess Gulli is realistic about her Olympic chances despite qualifying to run in the trials next month.

Gulli ran a personal best 58.92 to claim second in the 400m hurdles at Hobart's Briggs Athletics Classic behind star Lauren Boden (56.07) on Saturday.

Qualification time for the Olympic trials was 59 seconds, and Gulli said she was thrilled to run as well as she did in her first serious meet for the year.

"I raced in Geelong in early January and I ran technically horrible, but I ran an OK time," she said.

"Lauren always goes out fast, she is probably looking for Olympic qualifying times at the moment.

"I sort of just accelerated through the last 100m which is something I have been working on at training, just making sure I take full strides to the hurdles.

"It really paid off and it showed with the result."

Gulli said she would use the experience at the Olympic trials to help propel future Olympic bids.

"I am not looking for Olympic selection this year, it is something down the track for me, " she said.

"But, yeah, it is good practice and experience to be a part of it."

Gulli said her body, which was plagued by injury last year, was feeling great.

"I am injury-free, unlike last season, which is good," she said.

"It is good to be training and racing and not having to worry about hamstrings or anything.

"There are just some training niggles, which everyone gets, but it is manageable. So I am feeling a lot better."

The 23-year-old will head to Sydney in a fortnight before preparing for the Olympic trials.

"Everything is going really well, I am training really hard and it is all starting to come together," Gulli said.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum