PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Neil King's son Wilson runs 7.4 for 60m in UK

Neil King's son Wilson runs 7.4 for 60m in UK

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Neil King's son Wilson runs 7.4 for 60m in UK on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:46 pm

youngy

Admin
Admin
For those who can remember the halcyon days of the VAL in the 1980's and the domination of Neil King's 'SIO' squad, you may be interested in this snippet of information.

Kingy trained four Stawell Gift winners (Perry, O'Brien, Chapman & Elliot) and five Bendigo Thousand winners (Lingford, Perry, Webster twice and Pegg) between 1981 and 1987. He also coached John Dinan to an amazing 20.19 in March 1986 at the AIS track in Canberra - still the fastest time ever by an Australian on Australian soil.

I was having a look at Margot Wells' WELLFAST website and read that a few of Margot's athletes were running in an indoor meet in northern England. One of them is Thom Scott a former international rugby player now trying his hand at sprinting.

However the interesting part was that an "Aussie Rules rugby player" Wilson Young ran over 60m, recording 7.43 and 7.45.

Wilson is the son of Neil King. Neil was 2nd in the 1976 Stawell Gift before winning the 1981 Burnie Gift and for a short while in 1981 was probably the fastest sprinter on the VAL circuit.

I believe Wilson King had been playing footy with Essendon District club Doutta Stars for a few years. Given he has tried his hand at sprinting and competed in the UK indoor circuit, I wonder if we will see Wilson running in the VAL when he returns to Australia. We'll have to wait & see.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum