PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ararat Results
Today at 9:57 am by SANCHEZ

» Ararat Gift
Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:56 pm by timrosen35

» Multiple NAPS lead to anything?
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:01 am by DDog

» Pro running right on track
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:26 am by youngy

» Brighton Open Gift
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 am by safrican

» Queanbeyan Gift overcomes small field and lower prizes, produces exciting final
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:32 am by Admin

» Brighton (SAAL) HANDICAPS - 17th Dec 2017
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:28 pm by Admin

» Brian Wilson rewarded for going the extra distance (PreBay Gift review)
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:35 am by Admin

» Northcote Women’s winners handicap
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:34 pm by FortySevenThirty

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Sally Pearson looking forward to Adelaide - book your seat!

Sally Pearson looking forward to Adelaide - book your seat!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
From the AA Website.
http://www.athleticssa.com.au/wp/wordpress/?p=5063

Pearson Confirms for Adelaide Track Classic

Pearson ready to continue blistering form in Adelaide

Sally Pearson (QLD) is looking forward to continuing her blistering form on the track in Adelaide, when the Qantas Australian Athletics Tour kicks off at Santos Stadium on Saturday 28 January.

The 2011 IAAF World Athlete of the Year will compete in the 100m and 200m at the Adelaide Track Classic and, despite Australia’s cricketers being in town, she is confident that South Australian sports fans will come out to support our track and field stars in an Olympic year.

Pearson joked: “Our cricketers aren’t the only Australian team to have experienced success against India, we did pretty well at the Commonwealth Games in Delhi!

“It’s been a while since I ran in Adelaide, a few years, so it’s nice to have the opportunity to go back. They have a strong athletics community and knowledgeable crowd.

“The 11.25 I ran in the 100m in Brisbane Saturday night shows that I am in good shape, my plans for 2012 are beginning to take shape, and hurdling is the next step.”

“I personally think I am in better shape than I was at the start of last year. As long as I keep listening to my body I am confident it will stay strong. Gold is the aim, but you never knock back an improvement of my best time.”

Pearson opened her 2012 campaign with an impressive 100m win at the Brisbane Track Classic, in 11.25 (w: +0.1) which was 0.2 seconds faster than her first short sprint event last year.

It is the first time in seven years that Adelaide is hosting a grand prix athletics event and it has the honour of hosting the opening leg of the four-meet tour. Pearson last competed in Adelaide at the Adelaide Australian Club Championships in 2006, when she clocked 11.76 (w: -1.3) in the 100m.

“This is a great coup for Adelaide and Athletics SA”, said Athletics SA Executive Director, Adam Bishop.

“Sally is an incredible athlete – arguably the best 100m hurdler the world has seen, is the current World Champion and was adjudged the best female athlete in the world in track and field in 2011. Whilst she’s not running hurdles in Adelaide, her current forms suggests that with the right conditions, the Australian 100m and 200m records could be living on borrowed time!”

“There’s nothing better than live athletics and we hope that the people of Adelaide, whether they are athletics fans or not, will come out and support this meet. It’s not often you get to see an athlete of Sally’s calibre compete at their best in an Olympic year”.

To reserve your spot to watch Sally and a host of world class athletes in Adelaide on Saturday 28th January at Santos Stadium, click here or visit your nearest Ticketek outlet!

For ticket information, click here

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

Admin

Admin
Admin
AA WEBSITE
Related News 23.01.2012

MEET INFORMATION: Adelaide Track Classic

Date: Saturday, January 28 2012

Did you know a six at the Adelaide Oval travels 64m and Commonwealth champion Benn Harradine throws a discus, the weight of 12 cricket balls, 66.45m?

Did you know a goal post at Footy Park stands 6m tall and Olympic champion Steve Hooker can pole vault 6.06m?

Did you know that the last time someone hurdled as fast as World Athlete of the Year Sally Pearson, Justin Bieber wasn’t even born, let alone singing?

Did you know that elite track field is returning to Santos Stadium, Adelaide, for the first time in six years?

That’s right, you can Experience Amazing at the Adelaide Track Classic as part of the 2012 Australian Athletics Tour.

School might be out for summer but if you want a lesson in how to run faster, jump higher or throw further than you thought possible then you will not want to miss this.

In an Olympic year, competition will be intense as Australia's best athletes do battle against each other and some of the biggest names on the planet.

The road to London starts in Adelaide on Saturday 28 January, 2012. The question is, will you be there?

TO PURCHASE TICKETS TO THE ADELAIDE TRACK CLASSIC PLEASE CLICK HERE.

TO VIEW AND DOWNLOAD THE EVENT TIMETABLE, ENTRY LISTS AND OTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CLICK HERE.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum