PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Handicapper's bulletin regarding Wang & Albury Distance races

Handicapper's bulletin regarding Wang & Albury Distance races

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
Wangaratta 3200 / Albury 1600 Jan 18, 2012

Dear Distance Athletes

I’d have to say I’m disappointed with the poor entries for both the Wangaratta 3200 and Albury 1600 events to be conducted next weekend.

After a long and proud history of distance running in the VAL when I first started as handicapper 6 seasons ago the only 3200 remaining on the calendar was at Stawell. We worked diligently to correct this and both clubs and the distance running fraternity ame to the party and we managed to get another couple of 3200 events on the calendar which were supported by the athletes.

VAL Athlete Phillip Noden was a big part of this by sponsoring the 3200 event at Wangaratta and we should be supporting his generosity by taking part. If athletes want this distance to remain on the VAL calendar they must support it. You might not be ready to salute the judges just yet, but if you don’t support this race now, chances are that it won’t be around when you are ready to win.

You have until close of business on Friday to enter, so consider the big picture and do so. Certainly when we are sitting down to look at the Stawell 3200 marks we will look favorably at those that ran them during the season.

The Albury 1600 is a new big money 1600 that has been put on the calendar. It will be an exciting race to be a part of and again I urge you to support the club, have a great weekend of racing and
take part.
We will keep entries open till COB Friday.

Thank you and see you out on the track.
Mark O’Brien
Chief Handicapper

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum