PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Sam overcomes horror start to win Junior Bay Sheffield

Sam overcomes horror start to win Junior Bay Sheffield

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://guardian-messenger.whereilive.com.au/news/story/bay-sheff-junior-title-just-the-start/

Bay Sheff junior title just the start

by Jane Whitford
Guardian Messenger
11 Jan 2012

WELL PLACED: Inaugural Messenger Junior Bay Sheffield
winner Sam Osmond. Picture: Luke Hemer

JUST moments after claiming the inaugural Messenger Junior Bay Sheffield title, runner Sam Osmond was already focusing on his shot at “the big one”.

The 17 year old stormed home to win the final of the new under-18 event final at the Bay Sheffield Carnival on December 28, which featured 42 of the state’s brightest young sprinters.

The Grange Beachies trained runner will be too old to defend his title at the 2012 Bay Sheffield Carnival, but he is determined to make his mark in the main race.

“I’ll probably run the under-20 (120m) race and also have a crack at the big one for the first time,” Osmond, of Flagstaff Hill, said.

Admitting to a horror start in the junior final, Sam ran off an 8m mark, to post a time of 12.9secs and beat club mates Lachlan Sheffield and Sarah Donovan in the six-runner final.

“(Lachlan and Sarah) were out in front of me and I had mixed emotions because I wanted to win but I also wanted them to win,” Osmond said.

“I started the race pretty badly and I thought I’d screwed it up and wouldn’t get there, but finishes are my best bit and in the end I was able to catch them.”

Sam said he was “ecstatic” to win the first ever Messenger Junior Bay Sheffield title.

“It feels pretty special to know my name will forever be there as the first winner,” he said.

Sam was not the only Grange Beachies Bay Sheffield success story, with teammates Jordan Caldow and Tjimarri Sanderson-Milera handing the club a trifecta in the sprints.

Caldow, 18, took out the main race to become the first runner to win back-to-back Bay Sheffields since Al Green in 1983-84, while Sanderson-Milera won the under-20 race.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum