PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Pearson to run the 100m in Brisbane

Pearson to run the 100m in Brisbane

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Pearson to run the 100m in Brisbane on Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:29 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/athletics/fit-pearson-ready-to-fly-20120112-1pxi2.html

Fit Pearson ready to fly

AAP
The Age
January 13, 2012

Back on track: Sally Pearson, world 100-metre hurdles champion, has recovered from injury. Photo: Reuters

WORLD champion hurdler Sally Pearson has quickly put a ''devastating'' injury scare behind her and is in career-best shape heading into the domestic athletics season.

Pearson sustained the worrying quadricep strain at the Gippsland Gift almost four weeks ago but is now in such good condition that she will test herself at full pace in the 100 metres in tomorrow's Brisbane Track Classic.

The 25-year-old had originally planned to run only in the 4 x 100 with the Australian relay team at the season-opening event but had a change of heart on Wednesday.

''I'm very confident [going into the season],'' she said. ''The quad is 100 per cent. It only took a week and a half to heal.

''Training has been going amazing and I think I'm even faster than what I was before the world championships last year.''

Pearson's world title triumph in Daegu, South Korea topped a remarkable northern hemisphere campaign that earned her the IAAF female athlete of the year award.

She said she was on track to eclipse the 12.28 seconds she ran in Daegu that marked her as Australia's best hope of track gold at this year's London Olympics.

But as a true big-stage performer, Pearson, who took a memorable silver in Beijing, is happy to embrace the expectations of her in London.

Pearson will not race over the hurdles until the Perth Track Classic on February 11 before the Olympic trials in Melbourne on March 2 and 3.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum