PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » QANTAS to sponsor Athletic Australia's Tour Meets

QANTAS to sponsor Athletic Australia's Tour Meets

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
AA WEBSITE

Athletics Australia is delighted to announce Qantas as the official partner and airline of the 2012 Australian Athletics Tour.

The 12-month partnership will see Qantas named as the title sponsor of the Australian Athletics Tour, the IAAF World Challenge accredited Melbourne Track Classic and the official airline for Athletics Australia.

In a season which will climax with the Olympic and Paralympic Games, the 2012 Qantas Australian Athletics Tour will see Australia’s best athletes compete against each other, and international competition, in a bid to ensure their ticket to London.

Dallas O’Brien, CEO of Athletics Australia, said: “We are delighted to welcome Qantas on board as naming rights sponsor and official airline partner for the 2012 Australian Athletics Tour.

“Qantas has a rich history in supporting Australian sports and we are thrilled that they are backing athletics as well, particularly in this Olympic year.

“We have some extremely talented athletes, all of whom we expect to see compete across Adelaide, Perth, Sydney and Melbourne in the coming months. To have a partner of Qantas’ calibre recognise and support these talented athletes is a tribute to the Australian Athletics Tour.”

Alan Joyce, Qantas CEO, said: “Qantas is proud to take up this sponsorship of the 2012 Australian Athletics Tour. This year is an important year for our Olympic athletes and we are proud to support their preparation for the London games.”

Qantas has supported athletics in Australia for over forty years via its sponsorship of the Australian Olympic team. Qantas also sponsors Steve Hooker and Sally Pearson, and Catherine Freeman has been a Qantas Ambassador for over ten years.

Pearson said: “I am grateful for the support Qantas have shown me and am now very excited that they have now also extended that support to my sport as a whole. The Qantas Australian Athletics Tour will ensure our preparation is the best for the Olympics.

“Steve and I are just two of a number of athletes who will look to board the plane bound for London in search of Olympic glory. We have a great team at the moment and I believe we can improve on our performance in Daegu to bigger and better things in London.

“The Qantas Australian Athletics Tour is about making sure we are in top condition, inspiring the next generation on Australian soil and above all, ensuring our preparation is the best for the Olympics.”

The 2012 Qantas Australian Athletics Tour starts on 28 January in Adelaide, before heading to Perth on 11 February where reigning Olympic champion Hooker will face former US pole vault champion Mark Hollis (USA).

It will also see World Championship gold medallist Greg Nixon (USA) take on Australia’s finest one-lap runners including Steve Solomon (NSW), Ben Offereins (WA), John Steffensen (NSW) and Sean Wroe (Vic). That 400m field will then do battle once again in Sydney, on 18 February.

The final leg of the 2012 Qantas Australian Athletics Tour is in Melbourne, March 2-3, at the Qantas Melbourne Track Classic, which is part of the IAAF World Challenge. The two-day event will also incorporate the 2012 nomination trials for the Olympic Games.

The 2012 Qantas Australian Athletics Tour will enjoy unprecedented broadcast coverage, with Nine Network airing four highlights packages that Fox Sports will re-run across the summer and Telstra Bigpond live-streaming all four meets.

2012 NATIONAL ATHLETICS SERIES (Australian Athletics Tour in bold)
Brisbane Athletics Classic - Saturday, January 14 – QSAC, Brisbane
Hunter Track Classic – Saturday, January 21 – Hunter Sports Centre, Newcastle
Adelaide Track Classic – Saturday, January 28 – Santos Stadium, Adelaide
Briggs Athletics Classic – Saturday, February 4 – Domain Athletics Centre, Hobart
Perth Track Classic – Saturday, February 11 – WA Athletics Stadium, Perth
Sydney Track Classic – Saturday, February 18 – SOPAC, Sydney
Qantas Melbourne Track Classic – March 2 & 3 – Lakeside Stadium, Melbourne

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum