PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Corey Williams Apology following the Stawell Gift incident

Corey Williams Apology following the Stawell Gift incident

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
FROM THE VAL Website

To the running community (runners, trainers, officials and spectators), I feel as though enough time has elapsed to be able to accurately reflect on unbecoming behaviour I allowed myself to engage in, at the Stawell Gift carnival, in 2011.

Though upset, my actions were un‐becoming of an athlete and a poor representation to the spectators and family members who had attended the carnival.

I feel that my personal issues from outside of athletics greatly affected my judgement and behaviour on this particular occasion. I can only speak for myself and say that this behaviour is completely inappropriate, not only at a running track. A competition. Or anywhere for that matter.

I apologize for my poor lack of judgement in this instance. I can only hope that this poor display of behaviour displayed by myself and others does not hinder the sport of professional athletics and the sport continues to grow and develop.

I will endeavour to conduct myself in a more mature and sensible manner in future.

Cheers to another successful running season!
Kind Regards,
Corey Williams

http://www.val.org.au/VAL%20Letter%20-%20C%20Williams%20Apology.pdf

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum