PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Sprinter biased on this forum

Sprinter biased on this forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Sprinter biased on this forum on Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:35 am

sharkies

Just wanted to say how sick and tired I am of the sprinter bias that occurs on this forum especially by those running the forum! For example arguably the best race of the recent bay Sheffield carnival was the select mile but suprisingly no video posted for this race, however random heats of the novelty event of the carnival the 70m gets posted! It just shows that pro running is really only tailored for sprinters!

2 Re: Sprinter biased on this forum on Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:04 pm

Smoke n Mirrorz

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
How's about you contribute something to the forum re: distance races then Sharkie rather than just complaining?

The Smoke N Mirrorz Select preview took a fair while to put together let me tell you.

Maybe you could provide a review of the race, considering Mirrorz was in Daylesford at the time!

3 Re: Sprinter biased on this forum on Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:20 pm

DizzyRunner

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
come on shark. Surely this hole in the commentary has been filled now that the man who has an ear in every stable has joined the forum. Though like mirroz, i would encourage you to post something of substance. Perhaps a preview of the greatest 2km race in australia, the noble park 2km.

4 Re: Sprinter biased on this forum on Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:15 pm

hey Sharkies grab a camera, video it and put it up. I'd have to say the distance stuff has caught my eye lately and usually exciting to watch

5 Re: Sprinter biased on this forum on Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:16 pm

denehyg

Sharkies,

The videos you are referring to were posted by myself and are specifically sprint events for very good reasons.

As the photographer I spend a significant amount of time photographing every event, both sprints and distance. Browse through the gallery on the Inclose website and you'll clearly see that there is ample coverage given to the distance events. To get this coverage I move around the track during the event to capture the various aspects of distance running that simply can't be obtained by finish line photos alone.

The video footage I take is obtained in addition to the photos, and it's not an easy job trying to operate three separate cameras simultaneously from different locations. Sprints events make this possible as I'm not moving much and I can leave the video cameras in place, in contrast to the distance events where I'm constantly on the move.

The video equipment I operate is also specifically suited to sprint events. I run both a slow motion video and a wide angle video, neither of which is all that suited to distance events. Watching slow motion video of a mile race would result in more than 30 minutes of video, while the wide angle video is of little use for all but the last 20m. The reason these videos came about was originally to analyse technique for sprint starts, the finish line footage is really just a bonus at this stage. And to clarify, there are no videos of 'random' heats. The videos of the Open and Women's 120m/70m heats include every single heat.

These videos take a significant amount of time and effort on my behalf, and this is in addition to the photography which is the primary reason I'm there. I've spent in excess of 40 hours taking, editing and uploading photos of this year's Bay Sheffield, and perhaps another 10 hours working on the videos.

I would encourage you pick up a camera for yourself and post the video. I'm sure there are many on this forum that would be interested to watch it. I don't believe there are any restrictions preventing you or anyone else from posting such content. If you think there should be more distance coverage, then post it. After all, it is a forum, not a newsletter.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum