PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Multiple NAPS lead to anything?
Today at 10:01 am by DDog

» Pro running right on track
Today at 9:26 am by youngy

» Brighton Open Gift
Yesterday at 9:00 am by safrican

» Queanbeyan Gift overcomes small field and lower prizes, produces exciting final
Yesterday at 7:32 am by Admin

» Ararat Gift
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:03 pm by GLPR

» Brighton (SAAL) HANDICAPS - 17th Dec 2017
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:28 pm by Admin

» Brian Wilson rewarded for going the extra distance (PreBay Gift review)
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:35 am by Admin

» Northcote Women’s winners handicap
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:34 pm by FortySevenThirty

» Northcote results
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:18 am by Todd Ireland

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Darcy Leahy looking to find form for Devonport

Darcy Leahy looking to find form for Devonport

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.examiner.com.au/news/local/sport/athletics/lahey-ready-to-face-his-most-demanding-test/2402222.aspx

Lahey ready to face his most demanding test
BY PHIL EDWARDS
The Examiner
23 Dec, 2011

LAUNCESTON runner Darcy Lahey is hoping to do well in his pet 400 metres event at the upcoming Devonport carnival.

The 17-year-old Launceston Church Grammar year-11 student has been juggling exams with training but will run in the 120m Latrobe Gift on Tuesday before turning his sights to Devonport later in the week.

``Devonport is the one I've been looking forward to for the whole season and has been one of my biggest goals,'' Lahey said.

``I've been training really hard but the form has not been as good as I would have liked.

`` But hopefully I can improve through the carnivals and find some form for the national championships in March.''

Lahey joined coach Peter Fortune this season following the retirement of his former coach Fay Denholm and said he felt the move was paying dividends.

``The training group has got a bit smaller, which allows `Fort' to pick up on individual faults more than in a bigger group,'' he said.

``He's got a lot of experience coaching and I've really enjoyed that.''

Lahey played state league football with South Launceston last season and said he thought the two sports complemented each other.

He will run off a mark of 24m in the 400m Devonport Gift, which he said was better than he had expected.

``I don't have bad heats so I should be able to make the finals hopefully and my big aim is to try to win Devonport,'' he said.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum