PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Yesterday at 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » 120m Bay Sheffield Tips

120m Bay Sheffield Tips

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 120m Bay Sheffield Tips on Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:04 pm

Sandwich Hand

Adam Coote is ready to go. He has the mark and the sprint experience to give this a crack! You suspect he needs to get a good race out of the way prior to umpiring commitments.

2 Re: 120m Bay Sheffield Tips on Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:41 pm

S.hill

Coote would be a strong chance in the 550 aswell.

3 Re: 120m Bay Sheffield Tips on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:14 pm

The Morphy Mongrel

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Mr Ed "hard" Ware 4th in Gippsland. In form and good mark of 8m, he will smoke bandi- Coote early!

From the locals I like -

"Hardly tryin" Ryan Hancock. Forget his Brighton run. He had plenty up the sleeve. Only interested in 1 race a year.

Brett the Jet Richards no start in a 120. Hardly seen him. Been well hidden. He's my YGTS tip.

"The boy with the Daggy tatoos" Tronnolone is a solid young gun back up.

Cranky Franky's boy "Cyclone Cibich" will storm home late and might get the bikkies!

Steady Eddy - 3rd at Gippslnd good form.

Final
Hancock R
Eddy
Tronnolone
Cibich
Ware
Richards

4 Re: 120m Bay Sheffield Tips on Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:33 am

biggiesmalls

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
The 3 vic's I like are as follows.

Eddy - Ultra consistent of late and has to mark to be competitive in the final.

Khan Marr - Just get the feeling that this machine can pick it up another gear or 2. Tight mark, but don’t be surprised if Marr is fighting it out for the win.

Josh Tiu - Another who I think has just been going through the motions thus far in season 2011/12. Has finally got a more than generous mark so will no doubt be hard to run down in all rounds.
Has been waiting for a big gift to attack. This is his chance.

5 - on Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:03 am

HAROLD HOLT

Local:
Tronnolone - 12.5 at Brighton (twice) with a cross wind, and soft track translates to a 12.2/3 at the bay...AND 0.75m lift. Should be the favourite, and the one everyone has to beat.

Hicks: 10.5m is just too hard to Ignore for someone that has been so concistent. Will be fighting it out for a spot in the final, and with his impressive block form antyhign can happen.

Saliu - Think he's got something up his sleeve. has showed Glimpses of form, and will fisnih the 120m well.

Cibich: Has the most consistent form of any SAAL runner, and gets a 0.5m lift.

Don't know much about the interstate runners, but:

Weaver: was off 6m at mount gambier, missed the start in the semi (un-characteristic) and for memory ran third in his semi off 6m.
I think he has PLENTY more then that.

6 Mott 21.45 at Casey on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:25 pm

Trackstar

Motty ran well last Saturday. Good nick for Bay.

Result from AA.
17/12 Melbourne: Shield at Casey Fields. 200m(nwi) Adrian Mott 21.45, U/18 200m(nwi) Jarryd Buchan 21.45

7 Re: 120m Bay Sheffield Tips on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:23 pm

The Morphy Mongrel

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
HAROLD HOLT wrote:Local:
Tronnolone - 12.5 at Brighton (twice) with a cross wind, and soft track translates to a 12.2/3 at the bay...AND 0.75m lift. Should be the favourite, and the one everyone has to beat.

Hicks: 10.5m is just too hard to Ignore for someone that has been so concistent. Will be fighting it out for a spot in the final, and with his impressive block form antyhign can happen.

Saliu - Think he's got something up his sleeve. has showed Glimpses of form, and will fisnih the 120m well.

Cibich: Has the most consistent form of any SAAL runner, and gets a 0.5m lift.
wind
Don't know much about the interstate runners, but:

Weaver: was off 6m at mount gambier, missed the start in the semi (un-characteristic) and for memory ran third in his semi off 6m.
I think he has PLENTY more then that.

Don't agree with your track ratings Harold.

Hicks was only runner to break 13 at Pre Bay. 12.91 on 9.75.
He ran at Brighton off 9.25, 12.63.

Nice tail wind at Brighton, better than Colley Reserve.

12.5s at Brighton might be only 12.8s at Colley depends on wind conditions.

Tronnolone looked good, but no Cibich, James, Sclanders, Koschade, Richards, Baker, Steele. He wore red in the final, that says there were few good runners there.

8 Re: 120m Bay Sheffield Tips on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:28 pm

Phantom

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Not convinced the likes of Weaver, Ware, Hicks or Tiu can win as they can't finish off 120m and to win a big gift you have to be able to run out the last 40m strongly.

9 Re: 120m Bay Sheffield Tips on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:46 pm

Optimus

This year seems the most hardest to pick for some reason, but ill do my best. For the locals: Top 5

Jordan (pantsoff) Tronnolone:
Simply based on his Brighton run, looked back to the form from late last year. Has the mark, got the goods??

David (Obsessed with DreamTeam) Gross
Sneaking a little under peoples radar, but not mine!! .25 back from last year and looks like he can make it back to the final again.

James Cibich
Going from strength to strength since his breakout year last season. Not sure how he will cope with the pressure of being one of the favourites, but it didnt bother Caldow last year. He can make the final, but I dont think he can step on the podium though.

Alex Saliu
Only putting him in simply cause I have no idea what Alex will rock up at the bay. On 7m, showed glimpses at Pre-Bay, and take out his brighton run, should be in amongst it. I dont think he has what it takes to make the final, but ill put him in cause knowing him he'll probably surprise a few.

Ryan Hancock
Always a good frontmarker when hes in form, got the look off Russell Scott about him with his run down at Pre-Bay, and if hes got something left in the tank, could do damage.

Dylan (Beam and Ice-Coffee) Hicks
With Tronnolone, has form on the board. Has found wanting in previous years, but hasnt had this sort of lead up to this event for a while. Sneaky chance!!

Ben Koschade
Go back to Mount Gambier where he ran a couple of cracker races. Narrowly missed out on the final last year, and being as hes moving better, he looks dangerous.

From this lot, I reckon Jords has got the most room for improvement, proved he could cope with the pressure here last year and down in Tassy, and looks one of the best hopes for the locals from Koschade.

Interstaters?? Well lets have a look whos coming over.

Fairweather crew, heres the question, Dallas Green's name is getting thrown around alot and for good reason, but what about Harry Potter Egan?? Same mark as Green and a better PB, he could be a sneaky one if hes running well!!

Fiedler crew, Khan Marr looks good, won the novice at Gippsland on the weekend, has the speed, his mark is tough though. Josh Tiu looks the go, 9.25m for this pocket rocket, backmarkers wont be catching up till late if at all. 70m winner here last year, Yep, hes the one.

Few other interstaters such as Bolton, Keita, Ware, Eddy and Nicolosi look like they have the mark to be competitive if their running well, we will have to wait. Good luck punters, should be a cracking race!!

10 Re: 120m Bay Sheffield Tips on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:53 pm

JB

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
My money is on Calves (Tronnolone). Although that is a lot of money to spend on more tats if he does win.

I am that excited I even practiced my block starts yesterday.. got some fantastic advise from Colleen Peakin (1982 Comm. Games 100m bronze medalist). With any luck I might only get out 1-2m behind everyone else.

11 Re: 120m Bay Sheffield Tips on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:12 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Now I just happen to be going past an oval Wed and noticed a training session taking place.
So serious was the session that the Coach was actually using a starting pistol instead of the customary two bits of wood held together with a hinge.
Plenty of gun shots and starts so the Coach obviously thinks if he can improve the starts of his athlete the athlete is a real chance.
The coach has big chances in the male and female gifts.
And no I wasnt going past Ellis Park.

12 Re: 120m Bay Sheffield Tips on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:34 pm

Mustafa

Good to see mystery coach is on the ball and works that out with 7 days left before the run...

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum