PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ararat Results
Yesterday at 9:57 am by SANCHEZ

» Ararat Gift
Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:56 pm by timrosen35

» Multiple NAPS lead to anything?
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:01 am by DDog

» Pro running right on track
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:26 am by youngy

» Brighton Open Gift
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 am by safrican

» Queanbeyan Gift overcomes small field and lower prizes, produces exciting final
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:32 am by Admin

» Brighton (SAAL) HANDICAPS - 17th Dec 2017
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:28 pm by Admin

» Brian Wilson rewarded for going the extra distance (PreBay Gift review)
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:35 am by Admin

» Northcote Women’s winners handicap
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:34 pm by FortySevenThirty

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Sammy 'Ferg Berger' Ferguson salutes in LaTrobe Mile.

Sammy 'Ferg Berger' Ferguson salutes in LaTrobe Mile.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Smoke n Mirrorz

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star

MiRrOrZ will be staying at home over the xmas carnival, but will closely be following the interstate results. More interested in Colley Reserve, but after reviewing the marks of the LaTrobe meet MiRrOrZ thought to help out the Tassie journos in preparing the following article for post Latrobe Mile.

Tasmanian local Sam 'Ferg Burger' Ferguson won a closely fought Latrobe mile last night by a mere 12 secs from the next competitor in perfect twilight conditions. The crowd roared as Sam hit the front 900m out and was never headed.

"Ferg Burger" was confident going in after clocking 3.44 for the 1500m at the Prestgious Zatopek meet, and then receiving a handicap 60m more than expected.

"Yeah I was confident, but still had to get the job done. I'm rapt."

"Ferg Burger" hopes the big win will help build on his already impressive season as he looks to run in the A Series meets around the country.

The next meet in the TAL Christmas Carnival is in Devonport on the 29th and 30th December.

biggiesmalls

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
Certainly not the only mark to raise eyebrows at during the tassie carnvial Smoke.

Couple of standouts to me..

Brendan Cole - 4x400 comm games runner with 9m in the 400.
9m also in the 200m at Devonport.. not bad for a 21.00 runner.

Tom Beard - 35m handicap in the 800m. Has run 1.50 before.. How does that work out?

Ollie Wurm - Another who could run a 48 sec 400m blindfolded and has a mark of 15.

Brandan Galic - Has run a very fast 10.43 100m. With 5.25m mark at Burnie and 11m in the 200m at Devonport he would have to be very very very hard to beat

Manner from Heaven

Mirrorz, I think you can work on the 'Ferg Berger's' news article for the Devonport 800 as well. Dare say a 3.44 1500m runner might go alright off 55! Hard to believe he might make last year's 1.45 winning time look pedestrian.

Justin Rinaldi might be the only danger if he can perfect that time machine he's been working on.

Can we expect a form guide to keep us entertained over the Christmas period. Perhaps a Bay Sheffield or Burnie Gift preview?

Admin

Admin
Admin
I can assure you 'Manner' there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes to produce the most comprehensive Bay Sheffield form guide in its 125th year history.....It's been designed for the serious punter and the bookmakers. No funny one liners, just an indepth analysis on every athlete.

This will be too big for the program.

There's another one being planned for the program.

I'm planning for the "2011 Protrack Bay Sheffield Form Guide" (it is only for the 120m) to go live exclusively tomorrow morning. So stay tuned!

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

DizzyRunner

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
For a full guide to the Xmas Tassie Miles, see this thread.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com/t1515-tasmanian-carnivals-mile-formguide

DizzyRunner agrees, several marks, Ferguson, Morey and Harries amongst them, should raise some eyebrows.

Smoke n Mirrorz wrote:
MiRrOrZ will be staying at home over the xmas carnival, but will closely be following the interstate results. More interested in Colley Reserve, but after reviewing the marks of the LaTrobe meet MiRrOrZ thought to help out the Tassie journos in preparing the following article for post Latrobe Mile.

Tasmanian local Sam 'Ferg Burger' Ferguson won a closely fought Latrobe mile last night by a mere 12 secs from the next competitor in perfect twilight conditions. The crowd roared as Sam hit the front 900m out and was never headed.

"Ferg Burger" was confident going in after clocking 3.44 for the 1500m at the Prestgious Zatopek meet, and then receiving a handicap 60m more than expected.

"Yeah I was confident, but still had to get the job done. I'm rapt."

"Ferg Burger" hopes the big win will help build on his already impressive season as he looks to run in the A Series meets around the country.

The next meet in the TAL Christmas Carnival is in Devonport on the 29th and 30th December.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum