PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Brighton Track is GOOD - As at 8.00am this morning.

Brighton Track is GOOD - As at 8.00am this morning.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

youngy

Admin
Admin
I walked the Brighton track earlier this morning and it appears unaffected by the heavy rain we experienced yesterday and overnight.

There's no water on it all. It's in good condition considering the thunder storm last night and unless there's a massive storm between now and 12.00pm today, the meet wil definitely go ahead.

It loooks like it has a decent drainage system. There's a couple areas across the track where the grass still hasn't grown back where new pipes were laid but obviously someone has placed down soil to ensure it is flat & even.

The track is a tad soft due to the spongy grass (rather than yesterday's rain) so I'd recommend 15mm spikes, even 18's if you have them.

Rain is expected throughout the day, and could get fairly heavy at times, so ensure you have a rain jacket when warming up.

Wind is NNW 19kmh, so it is a cross wind.

Current temperature is 19 degrees, it is expected to get to a top of 25 degrees.

The ground is the Brighton Bombers Football Ground which is adjacent to the Brighton rugby field that can be seen on Brighton Road. You need to enter from one of the side streets (off Brighton Road) that are either side of the rugby ground.

There is a grandstand that can provide some shelter.

See you at Brighton.

2 Yes, it was a good day at Brighton on Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Stokesy

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
Yes, Youngy, the Brighton Oval surface was very nice.

Team Townley are very pleased to have scored a one two in the Beach Huts Middleton 120m for Over35s, with the sponsor in third place. Sweet.

And Youngy says he got it on video. Sweet as.

Brett Stokes in black off 21m stayed ahead of David Wilczek in yellow off 8.5m and David Palmer in red off 4m.

So can South Australia keep the Vics out of the big one in nine days at the Bay?

Last year the Vics won ...

Bay Sheff - 2010 - 120m Over 35 - Final:
Position Name Colour Mark Time
1 Mathew Boyes Yellow 12.50m 13.452
2 David Palmer Red 4.00m 13.592
3 Dan Semmler White 6.00m 13.634
4 Brett Stokes Black 22.50m 13.685
5 Mark Donovan Green 12.50m 13.767
6 Ross Nitschke Blue 6.25m 13.792

So this year I have an extra 1.5m to run and David Palmer is off the same mark as last year....

Come on South Australia ...

Last edited by Stokesy on Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum