PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ararat Gift
Yesterday at 11:54 pm by BadSnowman

» Northcote Women’s winners handicap
Yesterday at 3:34 pm by FortySevenThirty

» Northcote results
Yesterday at 11:18 am by Todd Ireland

» Northcote Gift
Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:52 pm by untouchables

» Northcote Womens 100m
Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:23 pm by Thatsthestats

» Bay Sheffield Novice and Restricted race eligibility
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:54 pm by Admin

» Mort Daly Running Foundation 120m Women Poll
Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:51 am by youngy

» Pre Bay 120m Mort Daly Gift POLL
Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:48 am by youngy

» Pre Bay Gift meet HANDICAPS - Sunday 10th Dec 2017
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:03 pm by youngy

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Jacarna Bain-Fenton will run in AA 4 x 400m relay in Brisbane

Jacarna Bain-Fenton will run in AA 4 x 400m relay in Brisbane

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.maitlandmercury.com.au/news/local/sport/athletics/bainfenton-joins-aussie-relay-qualifying-bid/2393467.aspx

Bain-Fenton joins Aussie relay qualifying bid

JOSH CALLINAN
Maitland Mercury
15 Dec, 2011

One thing has led to another for Jacarna Bain-Fenton in recent times.

First it was a national talent camp in Hobart, then it was a silver medal at the Australian All Schools Championships and now it is the prospect of wearing the green and gold at next year’s World Junior Championships.

The 17-year-old Abermain athlete has been invited by Athletics Australia to participate in a 4x400 metre relay team at the Brisbane Track Classic on January 14 and the squad will attempt to qualify for the international meet being held in Barcelona in July.

“It’s all going well at the moment and it has been one thing after another,” Bain-Fenton said.

“This [the Brisbane Track Classic] will test my ability but ever since I got back from [national talent] camp my confidence has been great.”

Bain-Fenton attended a national training camp in the Tasmanian capital late last month where Cathy Freeman’s former coach Peter Fortune was full or praise for the talented teenager.

“Just to be selected was amazing but it was great to get good feedback – it was a real boost for my confidence.”

It showed in her performance the

following week at the Australian All Schools Championships in Brisbane where she scored a silver medal in the women’s under 18 400m race.

Bain-Fenton finished behind Tasmanian Abbey de la Motte, who has already qualified for next year’s World Junior Championships after clocking a time of 54.95s.

Bain-Fenton’s personal best is 56.06s and the qualification mark is 55s flat.

“She [de la Motte] is unbelievable but I’m still trying to get there [individual qualification],” Bain Fenton said.

“I just need the right day with the right preparation so hopefully I can get there if I put my mind to it.

“Just to go to World Juniors would be awesome, even if it was just in a relay I would still be happy and the experience would be incredible.”

Bain-Fenton and de la Motte will team up in Brisbane next month as part of the push for relay qualification.

Following Brisbane for Bain-Fenton will be the Hunter Track Classic (January 21) and the NSW Country Championships (January 27-29).

In other athletics news, East Maitland’s Kara Bull placed second in the women’s 100m and third in the women’s 300m at the Cowra Gift on Saturday.

Bull will contest the rescheduled Queanbeyan Gift on Saturday after the event, now the richest amateur women’s race in Australia, was washed out last month.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum